Thursday, 16 October 2008

Something for a friend...

I couldn't sleep last night cause I wanted to make a start on this folder card. How sad is that? I even thought about getting up, but one foot out of the bed told me that it was too cold!!! So I set my alarm and got up really early to make a start.

I wanted to make a folder to hold stamped images for a very dear friend who has suddenly decided that she really likes the Penny Black animal stamps. I feel responsible - so the least I can do is send her some images to start her off. I know she doesn't look on my blog often so I'm hoping to get away with posting this today as the project fits the bill for the challenge at http://stampchallenges.blogspot.com/

Joyce I'm so sorry if the surprise is spoilt for you!

This is the first page of the folder (photo taken before I decided that stitching lines were needed down the diagonal too).

Here is page two with added embellishments.



Finally a picture of the folder showing the pages open.


I know the bow on the front is rather large but I wanted to make sure there was plenty left to tie it all up once the images were placed inside. It has now been trimmed.


Materials used:
  • lilac pearlescent flap cards by Kanban (two are fastened together to complete this folder)

  • silver mirri card

  • Penny Black stamps

  • Great Impressions mouse stamp

  • Stamps Away dot alphabet set

  • Stampin up bear print stamp

  • cuttlebug swiss dots folder

  • white organza ribbon

  • embellishments from stash

11 comments:

Ann Whitfield said...

Joyce wukk be absolutely thrilled with this Ann
Ann x

Irene said...

Oh Ann, simply gorgeous. Joyce will be thrilled to bits to receive this, and hopefully a wonderful surprise.

luv
irene
xxxx

~Denise Lynn~ said...

This is fabulous! Love the card style and the images. Great accents too! Thanks for joining in our challenge. :)

Rosietoes said...

Love this Ann. Such a lot of work and detail. :)

carolann said...

This is absolutely stunning hun I am sure your friend will adore it well done hun xxxxxx

Kathryn said...

LOVE this soooo much!!
Great Idea and the images are adorable! :)

Sue said...

What a great design and the images are perfect. Fabulous card Ann.

Jane said...

Wow what a lovely idea, Joyce will be really thrilled. I love the layout.

Heather said...

Another beauty - I like the idea of having a double page as it were.
Must file that away, (never to surface again probably).
I woke with an idea and actually got up a 3.00am to make a card - I knew I wouldn't sleep until it was done. Now I keep pencil & paper by the bed to jot down ideas I wake up with. (LOL)
hugs Heather xxx

Julie said...

This is beautiful, what a lucky friend. Makes me want to buy some PB stamps now.
Julie x

Max said...

Ahhhhhhh .... now I understand the post on MSN. No wonder Joyce was so pleased. You are so generous and thoughtful.

Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx

Thank you so much to great friends who have become followers of my blog. Love having you around.