Sunday, 30 November 2008

Snowmen with a splash of pink...

There seems to be a lot of challenges this week involving snowmen, which is great cause I love snowmen and have loads of snowmen stamps to choose from. This card is a special one for my daughter who is a pink fanatic. It's also perfect for the challenge at http://www.daringcardmakers.blogspot.com/ where they are 'dreaming of a WHITE (and splash of pink Christmas!)'. I think I may have got a bit more than a splash here, but as my daughter says 'you can never have too much pink'!

The card is also great for Cynthia's challenge at http://rainbowladyschallengeblog.blogspot.com/ and the challenge at http://ourcreativecorner6.blogspot.com/ as both these challenges are about snowmen.


The stamp I've used is from an unmounted sheet of rubber that I bought ages ago and I really can't remember who it was by, but it contains the most fantastic snowmen. The little sign in the snowman's hand says 'S'mores' - I'm not sure what they are, but I'm guessing toasted marshmallows. If anyone can help with that or the name of the stamps I'd be very grateful.

Materials used:
  • Pink glitter card (lots of!)
  • white card
  • silver mirri card
  • Wizard standard circle die
  • snowflake die and punch
  • gems from stash
  • silver letters and sentiment peel offs
  • pearlescent water colour paints

10 comments:

Ann Whitfield said...

Beautiful, beautiful, BEAUTIFUL!! Can you tell I like it Ann? :))
Ann x

Sheila said...

Fabulous card Ann.

Elaine ♥ said...

That is gorgeous Ann.. such a lovely colour and I just love snowmen

I have left you something on my blog ;)

Elaine x

Chrissie said...

Fabulous card Ann, such cute snowmen! I love the pink glitter too, I really like pastel colours on christmas cards.

Cindy Haffner said...

So darn sweet, thanks for playing.

Kathy said...

I think you've got the "right" amount of pink!

Lovely card, the snowmen stamp is fab

Rainbow Lady said...

This si so wonderful and I have to agree with Ann beautiful too. Thanks for playing and your wishes. Loev Cynthia x

Heather said...

Gorgeous, I'm not a pink girl normally, but some cards just grab me - this did.
hugs Heather xx

Rika said...

This is sweet!

Beryl said...

I just love pink for Christmas cards and these snowmen are so cute.
Beryl xx

Thank you so much to great friends who have become followers of my blog. Love having you around.