Saturday, 21 February 2009

Black ink only...

My two cards for today were so quick and easy to make and were both inspired by the challenge at No Time To Stamp where the theme this week is to use only black ink to create your central image. The examples by the DT over there are stunning and I couldn't resist having a go.

I used the sketch from this week's challenge at Secret Crafter. I've done cards very similar to this sketch before, but I think turning the central square to create a diamond focal point is a really good idea.

It's really quite a good idea when doing this layout to do two at the same time especially if you are using two different papers as it means you can use up all your triangular pieces.
Both the butterfly and the dog stamp are by Inkadinkado and are in the same style as those gorgeous birds that everyone uses. The sentiment 'Having a rrruff day' is also part of the dog set.

15 comments:

Ann Whitfield said...

Two stunning cards Ann - so elegant too
Ann x

Jill said...

gorgeous card Ann love the black and white theme, great idea about doing the two cards at the same time, glad you liked the sketch and thanks for joining us at scsc hugs Jill x

Irene said...

Two fantastic cards, and so different.

luv
irene
xxxx

Beryl K said...

Wow Ann, they are beautiful, really striking and very elegant
Beryl x

Donna said...

Gorgeous card Anne and such a fab colour scheme, thanks for joining us at SCSC this week :) Donna x

Sue said...

Two great cards, they look stunning, luv b/w, sue.x

Max said...

Oooooh ... I love black and white and you always do it soooo well.

Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx

Maria Matter said...

Wow, very striking!
Love black & white cards and this sketch is a great way to showcase them!
Thanks for the little tip too!
Have a lovely day Ann!
blessings, Maria

Mandy said...

two very stunning cards Ann.

Mandy

The Country Rose said...

Hi Ann! Just visiting for the first time ever and oh my gosh! Your cards are both GORGEOUS!!!

Barb

Beryl said...

Very striking cards these. Black and white is so classy - as are these cards.
Beryl xx

PixieHouse Creations said...

Hi Ann another lovely selection of cards done while ive been away.your cards are always soo stunning
Wendy xxx

Marcea said...

Wow, 2 really stunning cards - so effective!
-x-

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

Oh gosh, both of your cards are JUST darling and I love your diagonal design!!! Way too cute!!! I'm so glad you got to play -- thanks so much!!!

Ruby said...

Hi Ann. Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog. I really appreciate it! I love the way you have done this card, it looks great in just black and white. I must admit I find it quiite challenging doing just two colours, but it can look so effective.

Thank you so much to great friends who have become followers of my blog. Love having you around.