Wednesday, 11 March 2009

Sorry...

This card was meant to be for the challenge at The One Stop Craft Challenge where the theme this week is to make a card that contains the word 'Sorry' on the front. Well my intentions were good. I meant to say 'So sorry' on the tag but I just didn't have the peel off for the job and had to make do with a 'with love' sentiment.

If I was sending a sympathy card it would certainly be with all the love I could muster.

Anyhow the card really designed itself - yep sometimes that happens. I put a piece of paper in the Cricut while I was experimenting and trying out the different shapes. I wanted to try the tag shape, but forgot to release the 'fit to page' button!!!

Oh my - what a large tag! Well I was going to throw it away, but somehow the tag laying on my desk kept wanting to be made into a card (please don't think I'm cracking up here)! Anyway this is what it wanted to be made into.

I think it makes a good sympathy card, but strangely enough when I showed it my daughter she loved it for sending as a birthday card to one of her Goth friends. Apparently black roses are really cool and the ribbon looks like corsetting which is also very cool. Well you learn something everyday!

11 comments:

Irene said...

Wow, Ann its gorgeous no wonder Shelly liked it.

luv
irene
xxx

Ann Whitfield said...

It's gorgeous anyway Ann but also shows that you just never know what will appeal to someone else or why
Ann x

Beryl K said...

Fabulous card Ann, yep it is very 'Goth', my gd flirted with that last year - luckily it didn't last
Beryl x

maddy hill said...

Lovely makes Ann ! love the tag or card lol ... and how you have wrapped the ribbon .. thanks for visiting my blog
love maddy
xxx

Max said...

Yep ... you've done it again Ann.
Another fabulous card from something that wasn't as originally planned. That's a gift y'know!! :)
Well done.

Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx

Nikki said...

Its a gorgeous card Ann and I agree sending someone your love at sad times is the best thing to do.
Thank you for joining us this week at One stop Craft Challenge.
Nikki x

Chrissie said...

Fabulous card Ann and I just adore your vintage ones too!

Beryl said...

It's terrific for whatever reason it gets sent. Those roses look great.
Beryl xx

Enfys said...

There you go, there is no such think as an accident in crafting, no wonder your daughter loved it, it's really stylish. Loast time I forgot to switch 'fit to page' off it was for the elephant cut from NA, any ideas how I can fit a 12" ellie on a card lol
hugs
Enfys

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

This is beautiful Ann. I know what it is like to have the wrong peel off. I think it is a lovely thought to send 'with love' on a sorry card. Thanks for joining the One Stop Craft Challenge.
Sharon xx

Faye said...

I think it makes an ideal sympathy card, too.
It's lovely.

Thank you so much to great friends who have become followers of my blog. Love having you around.