Yes, I finished the chocolates and was able to make this storage container for my small cuttlebug embossing folders with an empty Ferrero Rocher container (200 g size - the one with 16 choccies). The container is just a perfect size for these folders.

I cut the pale blue rectangles on my Cricut at 2.75" - love the ability of the machine to automatically cut as many as will fit on a page. I found I had to trim a tiny bit off the side as the lid was catching slightly. I also rounded the top corners to ensure a smoother lid closure.

Each of the divider cards has a sample of the embossing on it and the name of the set it comes from. I'm really pleased with this storage as it should mean that I can now find my folders far more easily.
In the lead up to Earth Day on the 22nd April many challenge blogs, just like we are at the Pink Elephant, are asking crafters to really think about recycling - something we all should do far more often. At Our Creative Corner there are some amazing cards by their design team that include recycled items and their challenge for crafters this week is to create a card or project using some recycled materials.

12 comments:
Ann this is a fabulous idea....;0)
Your work is gorgeous
hugs
Lana x
Sheesh but you're organised Ann! Great idea though
Ann x
Wow, what a great idea, this is fabulous..
This is brilliant.... Love it!!!
OMG - Ann - this is a fabulous idea!!! I'm so gonna by some Ferrero's - LOL!!!! Thank you for the inspiration and for playing the OCCC with us!!!! Hugs ~S~
Wow you are really organized now. What a great storage idea. Love It.
This is lovely Ann but I have a much simpler way. I write the folder name on the back of the folders with cd ink then file in alph order in one of the small boxes with lids that I get from what was Craft CEntral. No need for the other card in between so less work for me lol - lazy - yes. Love Cynthia x
Nice one Cynthia, but you don't get any choccies!!
Ann xxx
Awesome idea Ann, I might just have to run out and get me some chocolates now :)
Fab idea- I've been eyeing up my husband's empty Rocher box and now I know what to do with it. I'm a chaotic crafter who covers the dining room with stuff but I love organisation!
Love it! I don´t own any small CB embossing folders, but any excuse to buy chocolate is a good excuse! I might some day right? :-)
I must say, I love your blog!
Siri
This is an extremely neat and tidy storage idea. I love how you made the dividers with a sample of how the embossed image looks. Very creative and very earth friendly. I love organization and storage ideas. I am definitely thinking I should do this for my smaller folders!!
Post a Comment