Tuesday, 21 April 2009

Graduation Card...

Oh I have so many cards to do this week and this is not really one I need to make desperately, but when my new Leere Aldrich stamp arrived from Crafts U Love I just had to have a go at making a card for Laura's graduation in June.

I'm embarrassed to say that my daughter is a Paris Hilton Pink Person - yuk! She will love this image of a girl graduating with lots of bling, pink accessories and perfect pooch! Well at least I hope she will!

The card is also for the ABC challenge where we have reached the letter J and the team are focussing on 'Jagged Edges'. I hope my punched jagged edge counts - I must admit my first attempt at this card was more jagged as it had a few different punched layers, but sad to say it had a fatal accident in the trimmer and was sent to a better place.

Oh alright then it went in the bin, but don't tell anyone I'm wasting good card.

I would have entered this for another challenge, but discovered that they have restrictions and only accept cards done exclusively for them. How do you feel about that? I find it annoying and tend not to enter at all. I really can't see the point of not being able to combine challenges, but hey ho that's just me.

12 comments:

Unknown said...

What a fab card, I just love that image!

Jan x

Helen said...

Fab card - love the image! Your jagged edge looks great too!
Thanks for joining us at the ABC Challenge this week!
Helen x

Beryl said...

What a great graduation card. The image is perfect and funky too. Love the punched border on the right.
Beryl xx

Anonymous said...

It's brilliant Ann and perfect for today's young woman. I agree with you about combining challenges - it would be nice to have the time to make an individual card for each one but there's so many that if they all took that attitude a lot would go under for lack of support. In any case a lot of my cards are inspired by more than one challenge.
Ann x

Elaine ♥ said...

Gorgeous card, and I LOVE your border, its fab! Great image too :)

Elaine x

Max said...

I tend to agree for the most part about the challenges, especially if it is just for fun ... although I can kind've understand it if a prize is being offered. Is that me being a hypocrite?
Anyway, I know I've been irritated in the past 'cos I've made something that would fit several challenges but been unable to submit to more than 1 of them because of the 'exclusive' rule. That's why I like TPE :) they are much more relaxed and friendly about this issue.

Your graduation card is just blinging brilliant by the way LOL!

Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx

Rita said...

Great card Ann. Hugs Rita xxx

Unknown said...

Ann,

I LOVE that stamp! :D You always have the most fun stamps & cards. (((hugs)))

Tina

Irene said...

Fabulous card, I love it.

luv
irene
xxxx

Carol said...

What a fun image and i love the colour scheme! I think i need to get some new border punches...the one you've used is fab :)

Hugs
Carol x

Jess said...

What a cute graduation card! That stamp is too cute!

Alison said...

This is such a great card- fab image and colours. I agree about challenges that won't let you combine- it's fun to take a sketch from one and a theme from another. Mind you I was probably pushing it when I made a 6 in one this week!

Thank you so much to great friends who have become followers of my blog. Love having you around.