Wednesday, 22 April 2009

Pink Elephant Part Two...


This is my other contribution for our challenge at the Pink Elephant. This week we have a double theme and everyone can choose whether to make a card for Mum or do some recycling.

This is my card for the Mum theme - a vellum fan attached to a pale blue mat and embellished with gemstones. The stamp is the large fan blade by Dimension Fourth and was stamped on to vellum and embossed in silver 6 times before being cut out and fastened together using a jewelled brad.

After I had made the card a friend called round, saw the card and asked if I could do one for her to give an elderly relative, which led to me doing the pink version below.

I think I prefer the pink one and that's unusual for me - maybe Laura is having a bad influence on me!

Both cards include two of my favourite things - rubber stamping and vellum. I love stamping on vellum and embossing it - it's a beautiful effect. Favourite things is the theme at Dutch Dare this week so my two cards are both suitable for their challenge.

9 comments:

Karin said...

Beautifull cards.
I love the fans with the gemstones.
Thanks for joining the DDCC this week.

xoxo karin

Rita said...

Wow, I love them both Ann. What a beautiful fan stamp. I bet the recipients of those cards just love them. Well Done. Hugs Rita xxxx

Irene said...

Hello Ann

Wow, they are gorgeous, I think my favourite is the PINk one.

luv
irene
xxxx

Debs said...

Hi Ann
Thank you for popping over to my blog and leaving a comment on my recycled packaging cards for the Pink Elephant Challenge. I love the fan stamp you have used here on yoir cards and think my fav. is the pink one too.
Have a great day
Debs xx

Beryl said...

They are both lovely and you have such patience to cut out twelve pieces. The results are fab though.
Beryl xx

Dragon said...

LOvely, Ann. Thanks for your support in my new venture!!!
Frankie
xx

Max said...

Wow ... both versions are pretty and very beautiful.

Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx

Anonymous said...

Two stunning cards Ann
Ann x

Anonymous said...

Anne both cards are just gorgeous... I love the fans!

Thank you so much to great friends who have become followers of my blog. Love having you around.