Friday, 5 March 2010

Bah! Humbug! day - Stitching...

Ooooooooooooooh stitching - enough to make the blood run cold!  I see stitching on everyone else's cards and it always looks amazing, but I am such a scaredy cat (plus the sewing machine is in the very deep dark recesses of a very overpacked cupboard).  However, no worries at Bah! Humbug! because any stitching counts - faux - stamped - drawn - embossed - any kind of stitching so even wooses (is that spelt right?) like me can join in.
The stitching on my card is faux blanket stitch created using a set of Elusive Images rubber stamps that are all Christmas images with a stitch effect on.  The other blanket stitch effect on the pink squares was created using one of the stitched square embossing folders by Cuttlebug and then sanding to make them pop.  The pink and blue papers are from an amazing paper pad by HOTP that Max gave me in York.  

Other challenges...

9 comments:

the crafty duck said...

Lovely card Ann, love the muted shades, they are so pretty, mmm didn't know you could get an embossing folder for stitching, thats my kind of stitching too!! love Steph

Anne said...

Great card Ann, your stitching is perfect. Hugs x

Janette said...

A gorgeous card Ann, that embossing folder is a must have that I didn't know about.
Janette

Max said...

Oh My Giddy Aunt!
I saw those stitch effect stamps and couldn't imagine how to use them so didn't bother buying. After seeing what you've done I wish I had bought them anyway LOL! I absolutely love how you have used non Christmas papers from the pad to make a fantastic Christmas Card. You are soooooo clever.

Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx

Fab said...

Ohhh a crafter after my own heart, I'm a huge fan of HOTP so I saw the papers straight away. The card is gorgeous. Thank you for playing my Christmas challenge. XXX Fab

Irene said...

Fantastic card Ann, I love it especially the papers and the cuttling.

luv
irene
xxxx

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous Ann, I love the colour.xxx

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

This is fab Ann. Who needs to do 'real' stitching when such brilliant stitch stamps and embossing folders exists? Love your subtle colours and beautiful layout.
Sharon xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Anne your card is `gorgeous`..love the beautiful stitching tFS
Thanks for stopping by my blog
Have a fab weekend:)xa

Thank you so much to great friends who have become followers of my blog. Love having you around.