Tuesday, 2 March 2010

Dancing in the rain...

This is one of the cards I did at York after some brilliant tuition from Irene on the use of Polychrome pencils.  Ooooooooooh I really didn't realise how fabulous they are to use.  Think I can feel another addiction coming on!
The Nellie Snellen die cut scalloped circle and the stamp, which I believe is a Cuddly Buddly one, were all from Irene's stash that she took for us to use in York.  On the day I made this card if we had gone out instead of crafting we would have been splashing around in the snow not rain!

Other materials used...
  • white card for base and matting and layering
  • red card
  • red pearls and white organza ribbon
  • Swiss Dots folder and Scor-pal for embossed frame
Challenges...
Thank you for looking and all the amazing comments I receive.  So kind - hope everyone has a fantastic day.

20 comments:

Donna said...

Fab card for this weeks challenge, such a sweet image...thanks for playing along with Cupcake this week :) Donna x

Anne said...

A real beauty Ann, you have got Teddy's fur down to a 'T'. Hugs xx

Elaine ♥ said...

Such a cute card Anne, your colouring is fab!! Love it!

Elaine x

cabio's craft corner said...

Such an adorable card and seems like you gave him some 'real' fur. Very cute!!
Hugs,
Cabio

Ann Whitfield said...

It's really lovely Ann. I gather from the way you use them that polychrome pencils are similar to coloursoft and you know how I feel about those.........
It's lovely that you brought this gorgeous fella to visit us at Crafty Ann's, thank you.
Ann x

Beryl K said...

Fabulous card Ann, your colouring is brilliant. Aah so I'm not the only one leading you astry then.:)
Beryl x

Annie said...

Yes Ann - they are the same as Coloursoft and since getting home I've discovered that a huge set of Reeves coloured pencils that Shelley was donating to a charity shop, but was claimed by her mother also work wonderfully.
Beryl you're right your not the only one leading me astray. I'm easily led when it comes to craft stuff!
Ann xxx

Max said...

Hahahahaha! You also do a good job in 'leading' others astray - I'm the proof LOL!!
Must admit I like the effect from polychrome pencils - lovely and soft. He really is a sweetie and we had a lot of fun playing after Irene showed us how.

Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx

Beryl said...

I'm another one who hasn't got any of those fabby pencils - just some watercolour ones, Inktense and some really cheap Crayola ones. Still, we can't all have everything I suppose - even if we want it. Love this card Ann. I do feel the need for some Nellie Snellen dies coming on though. You temptress.
Thank you for joining in Crafty Ann's challenge.
Beryl xx

Cheryl said...

What a cute, happy card!

mckinkle said...

Fab card, gorgeous ted and lovely colours!

Keryn x

Chrissie said...

What a fabulous card Ann and your water colouring is superb.
Well done on trying this new technique, I'm looking forward to seeing it a lot.
Thanks for joining in with CACB.

Sheri Gilson said...

Darling card, Ann!! Love the clean design and the teddy is adorable!! Wonderful job!!

Linda said...

Lovely card Ann, cute image and I love the red highlights. Many thanks for joining in with us over on the Alphabet challenge again this week :)

coldwaters2 said...

A beautiful card Ann love that image and the colouring is wonderful thank you so much for joining us at Craft Ann's

Hugs
Lorraine x

Anonymous said...

Hi Ann! Great blog! Thanks for the awesome comment on my card. :)

Kym's Crafty Cards said...

Ann, I'm glad you all enjoyed your trip to York.

What a gorgeous card you have made. I've never tried Polychrome pencils and sansador but do like the effect. At least you were able to try with Irene's before buying your own as it is disappointing buying things and it's not your cup of tea.

Thank you for taking the time to enter this into the Crafty Ann's Challenge this fortnight. I was lucky enough to be a Guest Designer this month so I am looking at all the lovely creations and seeing how others interpreted the challenge.

Take care and my best wishes, Kym xxx

Lesley said...

Cute card Anne, thanks for taking part in the Alphabet Challenge xx

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Ann, what a cute card. Love the adorable image and the frame is gorgeous. Thanks for joining in with my challenge over at cupcake craft this week. Hugs, Denise x

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

A really lovely card and cute image! Thanks for joining us at CACB this time!

Thank you so much to great friends who have become followers of my blog. Love having you around.