Friday, 7 May 2010

Bah! Humbug! Day and it's Food glorious food...

Oh dear me - which silly person left doing her DT card till the very last minute and then got home from work after doing a long shift and sleep over to find I had a card to create with my eyes only half open and brain fully asleep.  The latter being fairly normal for me these days.  Anyway all that waffling is my excuse for there being no glitter on Messy Rabbit's Christmas pudding or his tail.  There will be when the card gets sent out, but at the moment a touch of imagination is required.
For this week's theme I decided to do a tag shaped card and used the large traditional scallop tag die by Sizzix to cut out my card.  Messy Rabbit with his Christmas pudding is on the front fold of the tags and on the other two tags there is a 'real' recipe for Christmas Carrot Pudding.  I've not tried this yet, but I love carrot cake so I'm sure it will be gorgeous.

Have a fabulous weekend everyone.  Do remember to check out Bah! Humbug! and hopefully join in.  Whoops - nearly forgot to mention that as it's the 1st week of the new month of challenges there's a fantastic prize been pulled out of Santa's sack and is just waiting to be won by one of our entrants.  
Hmmmmmmmmm wonder if I could get away with entering - nah think Max and Irene would spot me!!
Ann xxx

8 comments:

Irene said...

Morning Ann

Your card is gorgeous and what fantastic idea to use a recipe.

luv
irene
xxxx

the crafty duck said...

Hi Ann gorgeous card, yes great minds think alike!! Messy Rabbit is so cute and looks like he is going to enjoy his christmas carrot pudding!!Lots of love Steph

Max said...

Oh Ann - what do you need an excuse for hunny? Your tag card is super with or without the glitter and to include the recipe for Christmas Carrot Pudding is great - not something I've tried yet either but it sounds scrummy.
Yessssss ... we would definitely find you even if you tried to hide LOL!

Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx

Beryl K said...

Great card Ann, love the idea of the recipe and method, just brilliant.
Beryl x

Ann Whitfield said...

I love this Ann and I love the idea of a carrot christmas pudding! I'll be trying to enter this week, I've had to miss the last two, and don't want to miss a third!
Ann x

Beryl said...

This is brilliant Ann - love the image and the recipe idea is great. What's it taste like I wonder.
Beryl xx

dragonflyjoy said...

Very unusual card Ann and beautifully put together. Great idea putting the recipe on. I bet quite a few people will try it! Sorry to say I don't like carrot cake but I'm sure Messy Rabbit will enjoy it :-)

love
Joyce xx

Pink Dandelion said...

Fab idea for a Christmas Card, love the sound of a Carrot pudding but I am not too sure about the grated potato :~ Debs xx

Thank you so much to great friends who have become followers of my blog. Love having you around.