Tuesday, 4 May 2010

For Dad...


How brilliant is this digi image by Paula at Pollycraft?  It has to be the perfect pictorial representation of so many dads all over England - well everywhere really!  I love it to pieces and another brilliant thing about it is that all the money raised from the digi sales are going to support The Yorkshire Air Ambulance, who do an amazing job and have saved so many lives over the years.

How brilliant is that?

My own father died when I was small and sadly my two girls have done the last ten years without their father who died in 2000, which may be why I really wanted to support Crafty Emma's fundraising.  She is doing a wonderful job raising funds in memory of her father. Do visit Emma's blog to find out how you can help and maybe join in her challenge.  Be quick though as it ends tomorrow.
Over the coming weeks, I'm hoping to do more Father's Day cards and sell them for charity providing I have enough time.  Hmmmmmmm famous last words, but at least I have made a start.

Materials used on this card...
  • Pollycraft digi
  • Dovecraft Papers
  • Sentiment stamps from stash
  • suede strip from old belt
  • brad and bottletop from stash
  • Promarkers and brown base card
Other challenges...
Well two posts in one day - incredible - I'd better have a rest now.  Back at work tomorrow and doing the really long shift so I won't be around while Friday.  Take care everyone and do make sure you pop over to Emma's blog or Pollycraft to find out more about the fundraising that's going on.
 

18 comments:

Country Mouse said...

I love this card! I am so sorry for the loss of your hubby and father, thanks for sharing your card with us at The Sweet Stop.

Sheri Gilson said...

Awww...this is so sweet Ann!! I love the yummy colors and papers!! The image is too cute!!

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Such a lovely card.

mckinkle said...

Fab card Ann, I love what youve done with Ronnie. Its such a great cause isnt it and its great that us crafters can help in a tiny way.

Its very difficult losing someone so young.

Keryn x

Unknown said...

This looks just great! Thanks for playing at The Sweet Stop.

Irene said...

Hello Ann

Wow this is fantastic I love it.
Fabulous papers and a fabby layout.

luv
irene
xxxx

Zoechaos said...

Sorry to hear how young you were when you lost your father and then for your own children to then have the same thing. The first helps make you strong and it takes a strong woman to cope with the second. Your card is fabulous good luck with the sales. Thank you for sharing with us at TT this week.

Sue said...

Hi Ann
aww gorgeous card you have made with Ronnie, great colours. sue,x

Emma said...

Hi Ann
Your card is adorable, I love the layout and colours.
Thank you so much again for supporting my fundraising. I am sad to hear you lost your father so young and your children lost their father too.
I wish you all the luck in my challenge draw and thanks again.
Hugs Emma x

sue law said...

Great card Ann, perfect for the Tanda teaser, the colours are great together!..Hope you raise loads for the cause, losing any parent is hard...this weekend I've been helping the daughter of my very good friend, and my daughter's friend, with her GCSE art. Her mother died died three years ago. My daughter is amazed at how well her friend is coping she is now only 16 but she is so strong!

sue
x

Beryl K said...

Hi Ann, love this card. Great image for a great cause
Beryl x

Beryl said...

Great card Ann and any dad would be chuffed to bits to get this image on a card.
Beryl xx

Rita said...

What a lovely card Ann. In my thoughts after reading your post. Hugs Rita xx

Michelle said...

Hi Anne
A sad story but full of positive vibes. Life can be hard sometimes but if we can still turn our minds to creating such great things it can't be all bad.
Thanks for recycling with Tueday Taggers this week.
x Michelle

PatR said...

Great card & great charity. Thanks for joining us at TT this week.

Carol Anne's Boutique said...

What a precious card Ann, I just love how you designed it and the image is just so adorable!! I'm so sorry you lost your father at such a young age and then to lose your husband when your girls were younger as well.
You created such a beautiful card for such a wonderful cause!
Hugs, Carol Anne xo

Sally H said...

Beautiful card and great recycling! Thanks for joining us at TT this week!

Nancy said...

What a great card Ann,
That's such a great image.
Thanks for playing with us at The Sweet Stop!

Thank you so much to great friends who have become followers of my blog. Love having you around.