I bought this Lilli of the Valley stamp at the NEC and for some strange reason (could it be I have too many stamps) this is the first time I've used it. I just love this delicate fairy and the way she is leaning forward to smell the flowers. My original thought was to combine her with a quote stamp I have about taking time to smell the flowers, but on this occasion she's been used for a very pink girlie birthday card requested by my daughter Laura to send one of her friends.
I coloured her with Promarkers and used Stickles spread very thinly on her wings and skirt to add a touch of magic without too much glitter everywhere. I haven't used my Stickles for ages (a long, long time) and I think it says a lot for the product when the stuff was still easily usuable. No pushing pins in or anything like that. Brilliant.
The pink base card is from my stash and the patterned papers are from a Papermania collection that I bought some years ago and I found hiding in the back of a cupboard during my big clearout session. There is a lot to be said for this tidying up business!
My card is for the challenges at...
- Cutie Sunday - great sketch
- Promarker Challenge - Pink Birthday (my daughter would ask are there any other kind of birthday's)
- Tuesday Taggers - all that blooms

22 comments:
Morning Ann
Oh what a cute and gorgeous card. Love the layout and papers. And such a sweet image coloured to perfection.
luv
irene
xxxx
Morning Ann
Your card is gorgeous, the image is adorable and love the papers.
Thanks for joining us at PFP and good luck.
Hugs Emma x
Hi Ann, wow, talk about pretty in pink! Beautiful card and I love that image
Claire xx
FAb card and gorgeous colouring. My doughter to little to ask for pink card well at the mo lol
Thx playing along with TT this week
hugs
Ildiko
Such a gorgeous card Ann. Love the image you've used and the colours also. Hugs Michele x
I've seen this beautiful fairy on a lot of blogs recently and have to say she is adorablly sweet - might be tempted to splash out as I think she would definitely be a favourite.
Your card is really lovely and seeing those papers reminds me that I have that pack stashed away somewhere too ... hmmmm do you wanna' come and help me find it?
Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx
What a lovely card Ann. So dainty but a lot of work done with the colouring which, as always, is perfect. I have been having a turn out and didn't realise what a lot of rubbish I have. I too have stamps which I bought in the heat of the moment and not used them. One day........
love
Joyce xx
lovely card for a little girl and yes stickles are fab! Thank you for joining us at TT this week.
Gorgeous card Ann.
Thanks for joining us at PFP this week, good luck. Hugs Tracy x
Wonderful card Ann. How funny that we both posted using the same stamp on the same day.... great minds and all that :o)
Hugs
Sandra x
Hi Ann, what a gorgeous card. Love the image and the colour scheme is stunning. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x
It's gorgeous Ann. The image is so sweet and beautifully showcased on this card.
Beryl xx
Goorgeous card Ann, love the image, fabulous layout and papers.
hugs Heather xx
So pretty and pink! I just adore Lily of the Valley Stamps. How come I don't have any? xxD
She is sooo cute! thanks for joining in at TT this week x Janet
Love your fabulous creation and thanks for joining us at TT this week.
xx
Such a sweet fairy card. love your colouring. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week, and good luck.
Hugs Anja
What a wonderful card!
Thanks for playing "Cutie Sunday" !
XXX
Tina
Love your card, Bloomin' marvellous you could join us at Tuesday Taggers this week with a such a flowery entry!
x Michelle
What a gorgeous card, thanks so much for joining us at Cutie Sunday this week......
Hugs
Bella
such a pretty card :-)...and gorgeous colouring...thanks for joining us at PFP this week...Debs x
Hi Ann,
I love this image & your delicate colouring has kept her looking dainty & sweet. Gorgeous card!
Thanks for joining us at PFP.
Hugs,
Andie xx
Post a Comment