This card so nearly ended up in the bin and I'm still not 100% happy, but my pink loving daughter says she likes it and so it made it to the blog.
My downfall was matching the shade of pink in the paper to my Promarkers. I just wasn't happy with the colours I achieved at all. To rescue the situation I decided to stamp the little lady on to the two shades of pink card and do some paper piecing, which worked quite well and at least covered my disaster.The fab floral backing paper is one from the free 'My Mind's Eye' paper pad in this month's Card Making and Papercraft magazine. A gorgeous little collection - so pretty. I didn't want to hide this paper too much so used vellum topped with pearls on the scallop nestie circle for that part of the sketch.
My card is for the challenges at...
- The Sugar Bowl - the sketch and scallops (scalloped vellum circle and scalloped flowers both on the patterned paper and the die cut tiny flower embellishments)
- My Time to Craft - Angelic (this tiny tot has to be an angel in the way 'she's taking time to smell the flowers')
- Aud Sentiments Challenge - No sentiment at all
- Alphabet Challenge - Kids
- Craftalicious - Cute
Have a great start to the week everyone.
Ann xxx

10 comments:
Fantastic card Ann with gorgeous papers and image.
luv
irene
xxxx
I'm glad you saved her from the bin!
She's just perfect for our Angelic Challenge at My Time to Craft.
Thanks so much!
Chrissie
How pretty. I love that darling stamp and the DP that you used. Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments.
Lovely image & colours. Thanks for joining in the Alphabet Challenge x
Very pretty card and the paper piecing was a great idea! Thanks for taking part in the MTTC and Alphabet Challenge xx
Gorgeous card! Thanks for joining us this time at Aud Sentiments!!
Love Susan xxx
Well I'm glad you didn't toss it!! It's beautiful. I LOVE the design and the coloring is awesome.
Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments - hope you will play along with us again.
Wendy
Wash your mouth out young lady! Sheeesh ... how could you even consider putting this cutie anywhere near the bin? It's adorable.
I bought that magazine to take away for some light bedtime reading - brought it back unopened though as sleep came too quickly LOL! Am looking forward to checking out those pretty papers after seeing the one you've used here.
Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx
Max's Craft Creations
Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT
Whatever are you talking about girl, the bin is no place for a beautiful card like this!! Personally I think the pinks look great - and it is such a gorgeous girly image, it screams pink!! Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments.
Very pretty! Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments
Post a Comment