Saturday, 17 July 2010

Sir Cliff Richard...

We're all going on a summer holiday.
No more working for a week or two.
Fun and laughter on a summer holiday.
No more worries for me and you.
For a week or two.

We're going where the sun shines brightly.
We're going where the sea is blue.
We've seen it in the movies.
Now let's see if it's true.

Everybody has a summer holiday
Doing things they always wanted to.
So we're going on a summer holiday
To make our dreams come true
For me and you.

We're going where the sun shines brightly.
We're going where the sea is blue.
We've seen it in the movies.
Now let's see if it's true.

Everybody has a summer holiday
Doing things they always wanted to.
So we're going on a summer holiday
To make our dreams come true
For me and you.
Hmmmmmm, hmmmmmmm...
Hmmmmmm, hmmmmmmm...
Hmmmmmm, hmmmmmmm... 
Yes, that song has been going through my head for the last few days as I created my guest design team card for my good friend Ann's challenge over at Crafty Ann's Challenge Blog.  The fun challenge chosen for this fortnight was to use a Sir Cliff Richard song title as a starting point.  How fun is that? 
For my card I used Crafty Ann's Tropical Beach digi stamp and I must admit that I really spent some time creating this card as rather than colouring the whole thing (coward that I am) I printed the scene on sky blue card and then built up the layers colouring some layers with Promarkers and finally using real sandpaper for the beach.  I'm pleased with the result, but must admit it wasn't a card to be made in a hurry!  Great fun to make though.
My Cuddly Buddly character in bikini was stamped onto card, coloured with Promarkers and then cut out and attached to the acetate front of the card.
 

This photo taken sideways on shows the acetate front and the layers at the back of the card.  It's the same style of card as a Christmas card I did a few weeks ago which can be seen here.  I love how these turn out and will be doing some more soon.  They are easy, but I know Max and a few other people said they would like a tutorial so I will (time allowing) do one quite soon.
 

The sentiment is computer generated and after printing it out I remembered buying some sunshine charms quite a while ago and of course just had to dig them out.   Three hours later and craftroom looking like a bombsite I found them and attached one to the sentiment with some gold thread.  Gold links would have looked good, but I thought I'd done enough searching for one day - LOL!  You will be pleased to know that I have bought a storage container today so that I can sort out all the wonderful embellishments that came to light during the mad scramble.
My card is also for the following challenges...
Have a fantastic weekend everyone.  
Ann xxx

20 comments:

Ann Whitfield said...

I've been looking forward to reading the write on this ever since I saw this STUNNING card Ann. I love how you've used this digi and I think you've done it beautifully. I love all the layers and the sandpaper is a great touch. Your little cutie looks like she's ready for some fun - She doesn't seem to have anyone to keep an eye on her though so I think I'd better do it! (Slightest excuse and I'd be there like a shot!!)
You do realise that you're gonna have half the blogging world singing that song now don't you???
Ann x
Nearly forgot - yes please to the tutorial :o)

Christine said...

Super card Ann, love how you have used acetate and 'Yes' would love a tutorial. Crafty Ann is right, I will be singing the song all day in my head.
Christine xx

Max said...

What a fabulous card Ann - lots of work has obviously gone into it with all those layers and the sandpaper beach is brilliant.
Looking forward to a tutorial when you get a chance. I know how very busy you are in the real world and don't want you burning the midnight oil.

Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx
Max's Craft Creations
Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT

PatR said...

I just love this fantastic card Anne. Couldn't wait to check out the post when I saw the title Sir Cliff Richard. Couldn't imagine what the connection with the gorgeous man and craft.Now I know and what a brilliant card perfect for the challenge and song title. Well done.

Kathy said...

Wow, this is very clever and what a lot of work!

Thanks for sharing your card with
The Daring Cardmakers

Unknown said...

Oooh, what cute! Thanks for playing at Stamp Something.

Hugs,
Renata

Rita said...

What an absolutely Terrific card Ann. Its just stunning. Hugs Rita xx

Marushy said...

Great work! This card is so gorgeous! Thanks for playing Cutie Sunday this week.

Hugs
Marushy

Asia King (aka Joanna K) said...

Fantastic card and a fabulous use of the clear element! Thanks for joining us at the Sentimental Sundays ;)

Kimberly S said...

What a wonderful birthday card! Love the acetate layer, wow! Thanks so much for joining us for this week's Sentimental Sundays! :)

Ceal said...

super duper cute! Thanks for playing with us this week at Sentimental Sundays!

gina g said...

Fabulous card hun, i love it. Thanks for joining us at Craftalicious for this weeks challenge. luv gina xx

Donna said...

Fabulous card and brilliant use of acetate for this weeks challenge! Thanks for joining in the fun at Cupcake Craft Challenge this week :) Donna x

Caroline said...

WOW!!!!! This is an amazing summery card. I just love it. Thanks for joining us at the Crafty Calender Challenge this month. Caroline x

Unknown said...

Oh fab card, love it!

Thanks so much for joining in our challenge at Craftalicious & best of luck

Jan x

Chelsea said...

Oh Ann, this is so creative and beautiful!
Love the acetate look and the beach scene.
Luv,
Chelsea

Irene said...

Hello Ann

A stunning and fantastic card, love all the elements.

luv
irene
xxxx

Tracey Feeger said...

What an adorable image. Great idea with the acetate for a beach themed card. Thanks for joining us at Stamp Something.
mwah
Trace

KraftyKoolKat said...

Fantastic and oh so cute Ann.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

Moshie said...

What a fantastic card! And thanks, I will now have the song floating around in my mind for a few days! lol I love your card...it is really cute! Thanks for joining us at Craftalicious.
hugs, Diana

Thank you so much to great friends who have become followers of my blog. Love having you around.