Yep I've actually broke away from using Serif Craft Artist and actually used real papers and embellishments for once. Very brave of me I think especially as I included some of my own handwriting too. Not sure about that, but my daughter always says that it makes the page more personal. I'm undecided as I like things just so and my handwriting wobbles especially when I'm trying to be my neatest.
Yet again I used the sketch from Stuck on Sketches and this time (even though not an essential part of this week's challenge) there are plenty of die cuts.
Materials used...
- Cricut Story Book cartridge to cut letters and large mount
- Cuttlebug dies for shells and starfish
- Starfish charm (from Primark bracelet)
- Sizzix die for wave swirl
- double sided card from massive pack from Costco
My page is also for the challenge at Rainbow Lady's challenge blog where the theme this week is a special island. Thank you Cynthia for coming up with the perfect challenge for me to showcase a page about my recent holiday on the very beautiful island of Kos.
and here comes the new improved version...
printed journelling and a couple of extra starfish. Think I'm happier with the result now. What do you think?
The little 'Goodbye' was printed using my Xyron Design Runner so it was worth spending a fortune on that piece of kit after all. LOL.
Thanks for all the lovely comments about Eli on my previous post - so kind.
Ann xxx
and here comes the new improved version...
printed journelling and a couple of extra starfish. Think I'm happier with the result now. What do you think?
The little 'Goodbye' was printed using my Xyron Design Runner so it was worth spending a fortune on that piece of kit after all. LOL.
Thanks for all the lovely comments about Eli on my previous post - so kind.
Ann xxx


10 comments:
Perfect page Ann... looks a lovely place too. Thanks for sharing your special place with me this week Love Cynthia x
It's a great page Ann and as I've been to Kos I know how lovely it is. I know what you mean about handwriting but it does make it more personal and there is something about seeing someone's handwriting years later but, I hate mine so would use the typewritten version. Maybe keep them both?
Thanks for sharing this with us at Rainbow Lady's this week.
Jenny xx
Wonderful page ... love the extra starfish fish .. but I agree with your daughter that handwriting is more personal. Computer-generated looks neater and is usually the way I go .. but down the road, everyone loves seeing a family members writing, don't you think? \
So glad that you play with us at Stuck on U Sketches this week! Hope you will be a regular!
Hello Ann looks an adorable place and your having fun :) Sandra H
This is beautiful Ann, glad you had a great time
Beryl x
Another great take on the sketch Ann. Personally, I loved your own handwriting, as that is what our children will treasure in years to come, but I know what you mean by changing it, my handwriting is all over the place... Lol. Thanks for joining us again this week at SOUS... Hugs x
oh that is so elegant..luv those seashells and this is such a great take on our sketch.. and Sandi is right about the journaling, I too tend to go with the computer generated cause my hand writing is so-so...LOL but I'm sure down the line, my kids would luv to see it in my own handwriting..
Hugs
Nanné
Love the pages, like the extra starfish. Adds balance. I am like you and print lots but am trying very hard to journal more and use my own handwriting.
Jen x
OMG! that photo is lovely and you've scrapped it perfectly! I love the shell die cuts and swirl and I think your handwriting is lovely. xxD
Great Title!!! Love the photo and your journaling is awesome!!! Thanks for joining us over at Stuck On U Sketches!! Hugs!!
Post a Comment