Thursday, 31 July 2008

Powder Blues...


The image and backing papers I used for this card are called Powder Blues and although I made this card a few weeks ago it seemed perfect for the challenge at http://artygirlzchallengeblog.blogspot.com/ where the challenge is to have the colour BLUE as a main feature.

I love the soft tones of blue in the image of these ladies in their blue dresses and wanted to keep that softness in the make up of the card. I used vellum to soften the edges and pearls as accents that may possibly echo the kind of jewellry they would add to complete their outfits.
The image and backing papers are from the 'Passion for Fashion' CD from Ooh-la-la-Creations.

10 comments:

Julie Allain said...

Ann your card is beautiful and the image is so lovely

Thanks for joining in with this weeks Arty Girlz challenge xx

carolann said...

Wow stunning card hun love the image WTG xxx

Sandy said...

Wow what a marvelous card. Sofly blue. Love them.

Ann Whitfield said...

This is gorgeous Ann - love the image
Ann x

LOUISE said...

Ann, this card is gorgeous!
Louise x

Chrissie said...

Oooh I love this Ann, just my favourite style.

Heather Huggins said...

This is beautiful!! I'm going to have to go over and get me a CD too.

Chriss Rollins said...

great combination of blues the image is very classy
chriss x

Max said...

Another beautiful card Ann. I really really must work harder to try to achieve the professional finish that you manage.

Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx

Richelle said...

Wow! Gorgeous card! love the colors of blue you used and the image is beautiful!

Thank you so much to great friends who have become followers of my blog. Love having you around.