
Until I saw the challenge at http://rainbowladyschallengeblog.blogspot.com/ this week I had never heard of the bandana technique. This is one of the great things about doing challenges you learn new things all the time.
I followed the links and also googled for more information. The more I found out the more I wanted to have a go. This card is my finished project - there was a lot of practising along the way on scraps to check the effect and I didn't find it easy to get a smooth white line. Maybe that depends on the pen you use, but I am sort of pleased with the finished result.
The stamps used are from a clear set of stamps by Heidi Grace and include swirls and delicious spiky flower heads. I found that they lent themselves quite well to this technique.
Materials used:
- red, black and white card
- Heidi Grace clear stamps
- Black versemark ink pad
- White Sakura gel pen
- black organza ribbon
- silver sentiment peel off (coloured with black peel off marker)
11 comments:
Love the card, I like the bandana technique - you've perfected yours beautifully
:)
Ann I had not heard of this technique either until Christine came up with it. Your card is wonderful love the stamps and the colours you have chosen. Thanks for playing Love Cynthia x
This is excellent Ann - you've done the technique beautifully
Ann x
Ann, your card is wonderful. Must try out the technique.
luv
irene
xxxx
Wow Ann - I have just had instructions for this technique in the Technique Junkies newsletter and this is a fabulous example of it - gorgeous, I love it!
wow what a gorgeous card hun well done xxxxxx
This is nice card!
Tiina
looks really wonderful!
Wow, I think this looks stunning!
Clairex
Absolutely STUNNING (sorry for shouting - wanted to meke sure you heard). Must have a go at this sometime - when I get my heating back me thinks!
Hugs Heather xxx
Brilliant technique ... must have a bash at this.
Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx
Post a Comment