Saturday, 11 October 2008

Autumn flowers...


The challenge at http://cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com/ is to think about Halloween or Autumn. I haven't got any Halloween embossing folders - I love them but like most in the UK we don't go to town on Halloween. Wish we did if only for the sake of using black and orange together - what a stunning colour combination that is?


I haven't really got a specifically Autumn embossing folder either but I picked out this one, stylized flowers, to use with some fabulous mottled copper card that I have in my stash. The stamp is by Magenta and I used metallic Pearl Ex-Press Watercolour Palette to colour the flowers and leaves. The flowers are decoupaged with a copper brad in the final layer to give the card more depth. I've left it without a sentiment - to be truthful I wasn't sure where to put it and another reason was that it seemed like a good card to leave 'open' to any occasion.


Materials used:
  • copper effect card
  • black card
  • cream slightly flecked card
  • stylized flowers embossing folder
  • Floral Magenta rubber stamp
  • Pearl Ex-Press watercolour palette in metallic colours
  • black organza ribbon
  • copper brads

16 comments:

Irene said...

Ann, its absoloutey gorgeous, I love it. You have now set me thinking

luv
irene
xxxx

Ann Whitfield said...

It's absolutely stunning Ann - love the colours
Ann x

Sue said...

Ann, this is simply stunning, what a wonderful autumn card, I love the colours.

Rosanne said...

What a lovely card!

Bamabel said...

That is just so beautiful!! Great job on this weeks challenge! :)

Maggie Lamarre said...

wow wow wow, I luv luv this card..
I understand your concerns, we wanted to make it fair and have a variety of people voting..
No hurt is intended we want our participants and readers to be an active part of our challenges.
Thanks a lot,
Maggie

Joey said...

Hi, thanks for stopping by my blog, I love the colours and the floral element off your card, really lovely.x

Maria Matter said...

This is gorgeous! Love the copper effect and that ribbon! Wow!
Blessings, Maria

Karen said...

Beautiful card!

Enfys said...

This is stunning Ann, that copper is fabulous

Anonymous said...

Oh my, Ann, what a beautiful card - I love the copper looking card - it embossed beautifully.

Lyn S said...

Beautiful card!!!

carolann said...

Wow I love this card the autumn colours you have used are fab well done hun xxxx

Phree said...

Beautiful card, very classy and those colours give it a lovely autumnal feel.

Heather said...

Stunning card - love the colours. That stamp is to die for (oh no - not again) (LOL) will have to improvise.

Julie said...

Love that copper looking card. A fab Autumn card.

Thank you so much to great friends who have become followers of my blog. Love having you around.