Wednesday, 21 January 2009

Wednesday is Cuttlebug Challenge Day...


This week the challenge at http://cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com/ is a sketch by the very, very talented Becky Fleck. It's a very interesting sketch and quite a challenge, but one that I very much enjoyed having a go at - twice! My first attempt in white, silver and vellum ended up in the bin after a little accident with some glue. Ah well I like the spring feel to this one!

As you can see in the sketch you can add buttons, but no matter how I searched 'just the right colour, size, ect.' of buttons eluded me so I ended up using different sizes and varieties of peel offs.
I have a huge collection of peel offs that at times I hardly use, but just occasionally they come into their own and I was really pleased to find the funky flower circles which form the focal part of this card.
I used the Cuttlebug die and embossing set 'Snowfun' to cut and emboss the various sized circles. Swiss Dots sneaked in on the act too for one of the larger circles. I also sanded them to make them pop of the page more.
I really love the different textures created by the embossing folders combined together in this way - maybe it would be good to try out different shapes and patterns.
Materials used:
  • DCWV textured card
  • Cuttlebug Snowfun die and embossing set
  • Spellbinders circle and flower die
  • Cuttlebug Swiss Dots folder
  • Gold peel offs from stash
  • Gold brad from stash

Thank you so much to everyone who took part in my blog candy. I had such wonderful comments cheering me on after becoming a design team member and so many of you had a go at last week's challenge. It was great and there were some fantastic cards.

I will be printing out all the entries - putting them in a hat and drawing out the winner before the end of the day. It may take some doing! The winner will be announced later - good luck everyone.

31 comments:

Irene said...

Ann,

Your card is gorgeous and stunning. I love it.

luv
irene
xxxx

Irene said...

Ann

There is an award on my blog for you

luv
irene
xxxx

Alice said...

Hi!
Very nice card ;)
Alice

Christine said...

Lovely card for this weeks challenge, I missed out on last weeks challenge so will try and have a go this week.
Hugs
Christine x

Ann Whitfield said...

I love this Ann - I'll have to get my thinking cap on!
Ann x

Chrissie said...

I love this card Ann, so unique!
I'm so sorry, I hadn't realised about your DT role, (or your blog candy) I must have missed that but I'd just like to send you huge congratulations on being part of the Cuttlebug DT, what an honour, it just shows how talented you are!

Trudi said...

Beautiful card Ann! Welcome to the team!

Eva said...

I love your card, it's sooo beautiful!

Karen said...

Beautiful card!! I love the stamping with the cuttlebug folders!

Mrs J said...

Hi Ann, thanks for popping by to say hi! I must admit I'm loving rising to the challenge of being on a DT! Your card is stunning! I love the soft and elegant colour palette you've used and your peel offs hve worked a treat!
Looking forward to many more inspiring challenges!
Mrs J x

Allison said...

great card for the sketch and welcome to the team
AllisonX

Sue said...

I love this card its gorgeous!!!

xxx Sue

Anonymous said...

Great card! I love the spring colors.

Unknown said...

What a sweet card!! Great work!

kshand said...

Love the color combination along with the embossed circles!!

AB. said...

Beautiful card! It has a delicate oriental feel to it.
Peace & love
Alison xx

LORi said...

Beautiful Card...Nice fresh colors!!!

Robin said...

What a gorgeous card Ann!! I love the peel offs....they add a touch of elegance.
Robin

Becky G said...

I love your card, Ann! It's beautiful! love all the different elements you used!

Hugs to you,
Becky

Unknown said...

This is so pretty! I love the way you used the peel offs! SO creative.

Amber said...

Ann I LOVE your card and the colors. And I had to try the sketch twice before I was happy also, so I'm glad to know I wasn't the only one:)
Hugs
Amber

Anonymous said...

Ann! I really like the elegance feel to your card! The gold peel offs mixed in with the sanded dots work really well together. Bravo!

Hugs

~Spike

Å olanje na domu-Waldorf said...

Fabulous card.
x Natasha x

Carol said...

I love the subtle colours Ann, and the lovely detail, reminds me of Spring :)

Hugs
Carol x

Karen said...

What a brilliant way to make that Snowman work all year round. In fact this is better than I ever thought it was as a snowman! Lovely card.

Meda said...

Wow! The cuttelbugged (is that a word ? :) circles are so beautiful. That white touch makes them pop even more. I myself have had problems using buttons(I actually don't have any) so I replaced them with bling.

Martha said...

Thanks for leaving your comment on my card :)
Your cards are beautiful Ann!
Hope to join the cuttlebug challenge next time again. Love working with the cuttlebug.

Rleen said...

This is fabulous! I really love the colors and all the circles with different embossed. You did a great job! TFS!

Hugs,
Arlene

Brocéliane said...

very very beautiful card :)

Mandy Schiller said...

This is a very beautiful card I love the colours!

Mandyxx

Beryl K said...

Fabulous card Ann - I am still playing catch up and doubt if I will get through all of your cards that I have missed tonight - but I will get there as soon as I can
Beryl x

Thank you so much to great friends who have become followers of my blog. Love having you around.