Sunday, 18 January 2009

Messy Rabbit plant spike...

You will have to use your imagination a little today, because really this plant marker is to go in the top of an Easter plant gift. I'm hoping to make a huge pot full of spring flowers and put this marker in the top like a gift tag.

Am I organised or what? Unfornately, friends who know me well will say that by the Easter arrives I will have forgotten which safe place I stored this marker in!! Probably true, but if I do come good I will put a photo of the completed pot on my blog.


I stamped one of the Messy Rabbit range by Joanna Sheen on to shrink plastic and coloured the image with Sakura stardust pens. I usually display the shiny side of the shrink plastic but on this occasion I really liked the twinkle of the stardust pens and decided to have that showing.

In the same way as I did the plant marker yesterday I stamped the Studio G grass and sentiment on to white card and then laminated. I was working on the theory that is it's in the top of a plant pot it might get splashed with water so is better laminated for protection.

The challenge at http://thisthursday.wordpress.com/ this week is 'something with whiskers' and as the sponsor is Joanna Sheen it seemed very appropriate to use one of her rabbits for this challenge.


14 comments:

Irene said...

Ann, what a fantastic idea - it's gorgeous.

luv
irene
xxxx

Donnas Den said...

It really is a great idea. Did you buty the wooden spile already made or do you have a template for a jigsaw to cut it out?

Well done anyway,

Donna

AliMayes said...

I love them both :) You are so clever!
Ali xx

Chrissie said...

Just fabulous Ann!
If you let me know where you decide to store your plant spike, I'll remember if you forget...not!

Totty Teabag said...

Another great idea; it is nice to see something other than a card for a change.

Lorraine Robertson said...

Oh how sweet is this... don't you just love little Messy... He's my blog candy at the moment as he so wants to be in more people's homes so I'm helping him on his way...

Hugs
Lorraine xxx

Linnie said...

oh wow i love it
love linniexxxx

Beryl K said...

Brilliant Ann, terrific idea
Beryl x

Heather said...

What a brilliant idea - love it.You can always make another if you forget where you put it - just DON'T forget to water the plants.
I'm having a giggle - talk of forgetting - I've just found those images I promised you - I tidied them away - they just resurfaced this week. Will post this week sometime.
Oh - nearly forgot - there's something on my blog for you (He-he).
hugs Heather xx

Maria Matter said...

Hi Ann!
This is too cute and such a great idea, boy, we are only limited by our imaginations aren't we!?
I so enjoy reading your blog, you always make me giggle. You sound like me, putting things in a "safe place" never to be seen again! I lost blog candy one time and didn't get it sent out for 3 weeks! lol
You do great work Ann!
blessings, Maria

Barbara Hagerty said...

Oh my!! Easter already!! And before I continue to seem amazed, I must admit that I have been collecting spring things and Easter stamps, too! This is wonderful! I love your plant spike! Messy Rabbit is lots of fun to work with, isn't he? Thanks for joining-in with the This Thursday challenge!

Artyjen said...

He looks even cuter shrunk. Fantastic take on the theme.

Shirley said...

Very creative! I love stardust pens too. How pretty your image is and must be IRL with them.

Sara said...

Lovely idea!

Thank you so much to great friends who have become followers of my blog. Love having you around.