Today sees the last two of my sample cards for the Favourite Flowers stamps by Joanna Sheen.The bluebell card has a punched frame border, which I made using one of those fantastic Papermania punches I bought a couple of weeks back. If you missed my tutorial on how to make the frame you can find it HERE. I know quite a lot of my friends have been buying these punches and giving it a go. I'm hoping to see some amazing cards around soon.
I used Lyra Aqua crayons to colour both the bluebells and the wild roses. I find these crayons wonderful for getting the exact colour you want to mix, especially when you're trying to make a really delicate shade like the one I used on the roses.
The quote is a clear stamp I bought recently from Clarity Stamps - being a clear stamp it was easy to get the quote in just the right position. To stamp the reversed image of the rose in the correct place I used a stamp positioner.I matted and layered the finished images onto a soft silver embossed card and then vellum which helped to soften the look of the card.
Thank you everyone for looking at my samples this week and for your lovely comments. Some of them have just blown me away they have been so good. Have a great weekend and see you Monday for Pink Elephant day.
15 comments:
Absolutely beautiful cards Ann; it's almost impossible to say which I prefer but I think the roses have my vote!
Ali xx
Morning Ann
Woke up to Rain and more rain.
What can I say but GORGEOUS, STUNNING, FABBY !!!!!!!!!!!!!
luv
irene
xxxx
Fabulous cards Ann. My punch was in the stash case OH brought from UK last night so I'm gonna have a play today. Thanks for the tut. Hugs x
Ann, your cards were definitely the stars of Joanna's show last week. I loved them all, especially the wild rose one, before I even knew that you had made them.
Beryl x
Two more stunners Ann!
I love the way you have managed to give all of your sample cards such a lovely soft and romantic look.
Another beautiful card Ann and so delicate. I love the way you have reversed the image with the sentiment in the middle. Very professional :-) My friend has just bought those crayons but not used them yet. I was tempted but had just ordered some new watercolour pencils so the crayons will have to wait.
Have a nice weekend
love
Joyce xx
Very Elegant cards Ann!! They are so pretty!
Hi Ann,I love the floral cards they are both gorgeous and i especially love bluebells, brings back memories of picking them every saturday in a wood nearby for my mum when i was a child as she loved them so:)
Hugzz Val xxx
Gorgeous card Anne, I missed Joanna on Sunday but did set Sky+ for this morning. So now when I watch her show I will know which are your cards. You have coloured all the images beautifully.
Hugs
Christine xx
Fabulous cards Ann, the bluebells are just so pretty. Hugs Rita xx
Hi Ann,
I love your blog and fab cards! I just stopped by to let you know about a new challenge starting soon. It's called Crafty Calendar Challenge and there is a Design Team Call going on there at the moment, if you're interested. :)
Georgia x
Ann these a so beautiful!
take care
Blessings, Maria
Two stunning cards Ann, both really pretty and elegant,
Love Sarita xx
Beautiful cards Ann - I love the punched background. I also have some Lyra Aqua crayons and I love them - they are so easy to use and not as messy as some paints.
Sylvia xx
I've missed even more than I thought. These cards with Joanna's new stamps (didn't know about them!)are ab.fab. especially this rose one. I've been looking at the quote stamps on Clarity and want so many. Will probably wait till the NEC and splash out big time.
Post a Comment