Monday, 31 August 2009

Pink Elephant Day...

Yeah it's Pink Elephant day and this week we are cooking with a recipe from Ella's kitchen using these ingredients...

two squares
one ribbon (mine is very subtle and has a heart shaped button stitched on to it)
and something sparkly (the star on teddy's T-shirt is a sparkly gemstone).

Fantastic set of ingredients - can't wait to see what the rest of the team have come up with!

To create my card I used the brill sketch at Papertake Weekly, which proved just perfect for combining with the Pink Elephant's ingredients. The image is one from a collection of number digis by Pollycraft. There is a set suitable for girls and one for boys - both really useful. Love them.

As my card is for a friend's little boy's first birthday it also fits the challenge at Stampin' for the Weekend where the challenge is baby themed including baby's first birthday.

Thanks for looking and don't forget to check out the Pink Elephant to see what my teamies have come up with. Hope you'll have chance to play along too.

24 comments:

Chrissie said...

This is fab Ann! That is such a cute image, I must check them out.
What are you doing posting at 5.07am? Come to that what am I doing reading it at 5.38am?
I love the new look of your blog, and I must check out the Pink Elephant's other DT cards.
Chrissie

Victoria said...

I love this - thanks for the info about the numbers at Pollycraft too, got to get some of those - so very handy!

Victoria
x

Beryl K said...

Ann, this is just gorgeous. I love the image, must check out that store
Beryl x

Dawny P said...

This is fabulous chick. You did a great job with the sketch and the colours and image are just gorgeous :) Thank you for joining us at PTW - hugs, Dawny xxxx

Carol said...

Such a sweet image Ann, lovely papers and the layout looks great too...perfect! :)

Hugs
Carol x

Torico said...

Hello Ann! This is so cute! Love the adorable image and DP.

torico XX

Michele Roos said...

Such a pretty card Ann. Love the image you've used and the colours also. Hugs Michele x

Beryl said...

Gorgeous. Love the way you've matched the bp with the 1.
Beryl xx

Chrissie said...

Just love it Ann!
I'd seen these digis but wasn't sure, now I think I'll just have to get them so thanks then!!!! lol!

Anne said...

What a fab design Ann. Hugs x

Irene said...

Fabulous card Ann, I love it.

luv
irene
xxxx

crafty amy said...

Wow I love it you have made me wanna get these cute Polly images out again :D
I love the colour combo and you have coloured the image so perfectly :D
Thank you for joining us at stampin' for the weekend and good luck.

X Amy X

LORi said...

The Image is adorable and you have put together a perfect birthday card for a 1 yr. old sweetie!!!

hugs!

Sheri Gilson said...

Darling card Ann!! Love the dimension and fabulous colors!

Donna said...

Really cute card Ann, love the wee bear, he's a cutie. Great choice in papers too and I love all the layering you've done too. Thank you for joining us this week at Stampin' for the Weekend.
hugs
Donna xx

Max said...

Love it!! What a fabby card in every way.

Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx

debby4000 said...

Oh this is gorgeous, such wonderful image and beautiful colours.
luv
Debby

Vanja said...

Fabulous card, Anne! Gorgeous paper and image.
Thank you for joining us at SFTW this week and good luck! :)
Vanja

Nancy said...

Lovely card, Ann:O) The colours are gorgeous, and I love the layout. The image is adorable, and your colouring is wonderful.
Thank you for joining us at SFTW this week, good luck!
Nancy;O)

CraftyC said...

Fantastic card, cute image and love the papers. Thanks for taking part in this weeks SFTW
Clairex

Vicki said...

ooooo I love this card Ann, what a fab layout, gorgeous colour scheme and the image looks fab. Thank you for playing along with this weeks SFTW challenge, good luck xx vicki xx

cabio's craft corner said...

awww..this is so adorable and cute :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Kimmi said...

Lovely card. The image is so cute! Love the colours, and layout is perfect!
Thank you for playing along with us over at Stampin for the Weekend. We hope you had fun and that you come back again soon to join in with more challenges. Good Luck!

Kimmi x

Jaspere said...

He is just adorable. Love your design. What a great birthday card.

Thank you so much to great friends who have become followers of my blog. Love having you around.