Tuesday, 1 September 2009

New Home...

Here's a very quick card I made for my daughter and her boyfriend to give to his brother who has just moved into his own place. As I didn't get much warning I had to create something fast - this personalised door was pretty quick and easy to do.

I designed the door in Serif home office just using basic shapes. The panels were printed twice so that I could use my Scor-pal to add depth and also matt them onto gold mirri card for a bit of oomph. The letters (complete with real address) were also created in Serif Home Office. I love messing about creating little extras like these - so much fun.

Apparently Neil was over the moon with his card as was his mum who told him in no uncertain terms that he was not to throw the card away as she wanted to keep it. Isn't it lovely when people really appreciate the things we make?

As the challenge at Cute Card Thursday is new beginnings my card is perfect for their challenge and I do hope that Neil's new beginning continues to be a happy one for many years to come.

17 comments:

Irene said...

Hello Ann

Your card is amazing, no wonder Neil and his Mum were thrilled. May use your idea !!!!!

luv
irene
xxxx

Jose said...

BRILLIANT love this card so so different
Jose

Beryl K said...

Ann, this is so fabulous. Such a brilliant idea. I love it
Beryl x

Anne said...

What an absolutely fabulous card Ann, sometimes the 'simple' ones are the best. Hugs x

Max said...

Oh My Giddy Aunt!
I love this card ... what a wonderful idea, no wonder he loved it.
Looks like it made a great impression on his mum too ... you go girl!

Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx

Chrissie said...

Such a fabulous card Ann, I really, really thought this was perfect for a new home.
Just need to figure out how you did it now and then I can steal your idea! LOL!

dragonflyjoy said...

Ooooooh Ann it's great. So unusual and up to date. I don't think I have ever seen a card like this - very unique and can't blame the lad's mum for telling him she wants to keep it. Your cards are always so beautifully made, it's a pleasure to look at them.

Don't overdo things though. Nice to see you are doing some personal cards for your own pleasure.

love
Joyce xx

debby4000 said...

Oh this is so brilliant and stylish.
luv
Debby

PixieHouse Creations said...

ohhh i do love this card Ann.. your cards are always stunning
lost serif on me last computer and not got around to getting it again,,i really must
Wendy xx

camcraft said...

Just so flippin clever Ann!!!!! No wonder it was well received:-)
Carole x

Glitter Monkey said...

Great idea - lovely card!! Thanks for joining in with us on Cute Card Thursday. Lol Lynn ♥

Sheri Gilson said...

This is too cute for words!! I love all the details especially the mail slot. Amazing job!!

Beryl said...

Fantastic card Ann and so personal.Let's hope this young man looks after his new home.
I find with the MS punch that you have to use a good weight paper. When I tried a light paper it just jammed the punch. Also, use a fairly sharp movement when punching. It took a bit of practise but now I've got the hang of it I'm well chuffed with it.
Beryl xx

cabio's craft corner said...

What a great idea on a new place. I am sure the recipent is going to love this card!
Hugs,
Cabio

Kristen H said...

This is so cool! What a great card. I never would have thought of something like this. I LOVE it!!!

xxx

Emma said...

Fantastic card....amazing idea.
Emma x

Cindy H. said...

Fabulous card!!
And, yes, it's wonderful when someone expresses appreciation for the cards we make for them!

Thank you so much to great friends who have become followers of my blog. Love having you around.