Tuesday, 22 September 2009

Hidden Treasure...

The challenges at Cute Card Thursday are always such fun and interesting ones and this week is no exception. The theme is 'Hidden Treasure'. On my card the hidden treasure is the little recipe booklet for Messy Rabbit's special carrot Christmas pudding!

It is a real recipe and I am (she says hopefully) going to try it out soon. I love carrot cake so maybe carrot pudding is yummy too.

I found the recipe by googling - oh what did we do before the world wide web? Google worked it's magic and led to the Carrot Museum - you must take a look at this. It's amazing. I never realised that carrots had such a big role to play in Christmas decorations. I've always left one out for Rudolf, but I never covered the tree full of them for him!


I coloured Messy using Promarkers. The base card is a beautiful shimmery green from my favourite market stall and the holly paper I'm not sure of the maker, but it maybe a Dovecraft one. Thank you for looking and leaving such amazing comments about my cards. I do appreciate each and everyone of them.

8 comments:

Irene said...

Hello Ann

Your card is fantastic, I love the idea of the Recipe, and your DP is gorgeous.

luv
irene
xxxx

Annie said...

fabulous! and such fun too with that recipe - I'd love to know how it turns out if you get around to making it. thanks for joining in the fun with us this week at CCT. hugs, annie x

Sheri Gilson said...

Very pretty Ann!! Love the gold & green. The pocket with recipe is such a fun idea!! Great job!!

Do What You Love said...

Ann, this is AMAZING! I love how you put it together and what a wonderful idea! Everyone loves recipes and a handmade card so beautiful as this...they will be in heaven. I love your blog and your image with the big grin and no guilty feelings over purchasing another rubber stamp! Woo hoo! You go girl! :D

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card Ann - I do hope you will let us know how you get on with that pudding.
Ann x

Happy Crafter said...

Hi Ann,This is fabulous love the hidden recipe too the papers are gorgeous:)
Hugzz Val xxx

Sandra said...

Oooo I love your card with it's hidden recipe, what a great idea and such fun too.
Sandra x

Max said...

Fabulous idea and a wonderful card for anyone to receive. You MUST let us know how successful the recipe is ... and just to let you know Naomi and I both love carrot cake so if you want a couple of testers ... ??? LOL!

Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx

Thank you so much to great friends who have become followers of my blog. Love having you around.