Thursday, 24 September 2009

It's snowing...

I've always been fascinated by snowglobes. I don't think there can be many (even grown ups) able to resist shaking them and watching the snow fall. When I saw the snow globe on one of my Cricut cartridges I just couldn't resist trying it out.

I cut the globe at 6" on a sheet of A4 card ensuring that their was enough space around it to make a border as in this case it's the negative part of the cut out that you use and not the actual snowglobe shape.

After cutting out I attached the silver base scored in places to match the curves on the globe to the back of the globe and also attached the acetate. The scene in the snowglobe is Messy Rabbit in his Santa suit. Check out his expression - definitely a 'Oh no it's snowing really heavily and I haven't even packed the sleigh yet!'

Inside the globe I used Polar white flower soft and a touch of glitter to give a lovely snowy day effect. It looks like the snow spoils the image in the photo, but actually in real life it's a lovely glittery effect. However, I've now found something much better for creating snow - watch this space for tomorrow's almost finished card.

This week the challenge at Allsorts Challenges is snowflakes so I think my snowglobe with it's flurry of snowflakes will fit nicely.

7 comments:

Anne said...

Gorgeous Ann, love snowglobes too but I don't want any snow!!! Hugs x

Irene said...

Hello Sleepy Head !!!

Another gorgeous card. Love it.

luv
irene
xxxx

~*Joni said...

Oh oh what a fabulous idea!! Hi Ann and I apologize first of all for lapse of comments. welcome back from your wonderful vacation, from the pics and blog posts, it sounds like it was absolutely wonderful. :D

I too am a fan of snowglobes, my favorite one being in the trash right now due to a little one's hands. ;) Totally replaceable, and the unsolicited apology was enough to make me forgive instantly.
This technique is one that I really must try as I have a snowglobe stamp just calling to be inked up. Thank you so much for your everyday creations Ann! It inspires me and makes me think out of my comfort zone. :D Have a wonderful Thursday!

Sheri Gilson said...

WOW!! Ann I love how you did the snow globe!! Fabulous card!!

Maria Matter said...

Hi Ann!
Thanks for stopping by for a visit!
This is a gorgeous card! And you're right, who could resist a little shake...I love snowglobes!
This is so brilliantly designed, always a pleasure visiting you and seeing your lovely makes!
take care
Blessings, Maria

Kirsten...x said...

Hi ann and wow what a super card/snowglobe i love it...

thanks for joining us his week hugs kirsten..x

Jules said...

Hi Ann

What a brilliant creation.

I love your snow globe - I am one of the people who can't resist shaking them. (I can hear my Mum now saying "Put it down before your drop it!" LOL!!).

Lots of work has gone into this and it shows. A really neat card with a gorgeous image and your flowersoft and glitter looks great.

Thank you for sharing it with us and for joining in the fun at Allsorts this week.

Love Jules xx

Thank you so much to great friends who have become followers of my blog. Love having you around.