After work and between cooking my mum's tea and Laura's later in the evening I had a play around with the fab ideas on the new challenge blog Less is More. I was really tired so I didn't stretch myself too much and basically experimented with the ideas put forward by Mandi on the blog.
I even used the same sentiment as her as my brain just wasn't fully functioning.
All the playing I did was done using Serif Craft Artist which I've only just started using so I'm no expert. I used a basic text and played around with the sizes and colours.
On my first attempt I thought it might be good to have the large 'flower' word in the same colour as the yellow on the flower, but wasn't too impressed with that. As you can see the word was getting quite lost on the flower stem. Hmmmmm, bit of rethinking required! On the next sample I used the blue of the flower and shrunk the flower a little to help make the word pop more.
Better but I still thought the flower needed to be less obtrusive so I used the transparency tool on the programme to fade the depth of colour on the flower and I'm much happier with this version.
I've still got masses to learn both on the theme of less is more and on using Craft Artist, but it's great fun trying.
Do pop over to Less is More as the examples by both Mandi and Chrissie are just stunning.
Additional challenges...
- Allsorts - It's all about the sentiment
- Totally Papercrafts - Clean and Simple




19 comments:
Another great card Ann, this Craft Artist looks to be a winner
Beryl x
Ann, this is a fabulous post, which shows the stages that lots of us need to go through before we are happy with a card. I have heard of lots of people 'knocking out' a card in 2 minutes, but to be discerning does take time, even if there is not a lot on the finished card care is needed to ensure that the overall effect is as pleasing as can be.
Wonderful!... you are clever with that software too!
Chrissie
"Less is More"
I love the simplicity and elegance of this card. Well done.
Hugs, Sandra
Great card xx Jan
Very pretty Ann, and very 'clean & simple'.
So sweet. Love all the white space, really sets the image off.
Lynne xxx
You're doing really well with your CAS style Ann (I'm very jealous as I just can't 'do' this at all)
'Less' is definitely 'more' in my case, 'more difficult' anyway lol!
lol Chrissie xx
This looked like it was fun to do. Not heard of Craft Artist before. Love Sheila (Cyprus)
FAB cards Ann, thanks for taking so much trouble for our challenge
I personally prefer the paler floral image
Thansk you for Casing my design..I'm flattered
mandi
"Less is more"
It's beautiful, elegant and says all you need to say. Fabulous card.
Beryl xx
This really is lovely, I love it
Thanks for joining our challenge at ALLSORTS this week, Good Luck
Hugz Fleur xXx
Its a beautiful elegant card, love the sentiment.
Kudos to you for giving it a try...and it turned out beautiful!!
I really like how you show your design development - and I love the final product - such a clean and simple design - so lovely!
Great card Ann and done with the new software so well done. I too used digi for my entry but am not pleased with it. Will get better, perhaps you can point me in the right direction?
Jenny x
Love the cards..........This style of card is really what I would like to be able to do.
Thank you for your comments on my efforts.
There is something on my blog for you
Janet
Ann your card is lovely, everyone says they are finging it hard but the cards being produced are wonderful....
Anne
This is a lovely card and thank you for showing us your thought processes.
Gina x
fabulous card Ann !! I love it !! I am completely useless on computers and would have no idea where to start !! :-)
thanks for joining us on the TPC Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x
Post a Comment