Yeah as well as being Valentine's day Monday was also my fab friend Max's birthday. Ooooooooooh the stress of creating a card for someone who is not only special, but a talented crafter too. You wouldn't believe how many false starts and changes of mind I had when doing this card. I must admit that when finished I was proud of my work though ( a rare occurence as I usually think something is not quite right) and as Max loved it too all is well. It was definitely not a card that would fall off the mantleshelf in the slightest breeze.
Materials used...
- elegant lady rubber stamp from a grab bag collection bought many years ago from Frantic Stamper.
- silver mirri die cut frame by Marianne topped with extra swirl using a Spellbinder die
- pink and silver mirri patterned tartan by Kanban with matching pink card
- silver mirri die cut corners by Spellbinder
- black card and silver mirri card
- black organza ribbon and tiny black gems for the lady's jewels
- Promarkers to colour
- 8.5 x 8.5 square gatefold card base
I even did the inside - eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek!!!
The verse is from Hallmark Card Studio and the silver mirri trimmed border was made using an Xcut border die.
My special card is also for the following challenges...
- The Cuttlebug Spot - Gatefold cards (no cuttlebug folders used but the die cut frame and corners are embossed)
- Pollycraft - Special Birthdays
Off to work on my Bah! Humbug! project now as it's very nearly Friday again.
Love and hugs
Ann xxx


9 comments:
WOW! I am not surprised that Max liked it Ann, it is absolutely stunning.
Beryl x
Fabulous card Ann. So much work has gone into it and with such an amazing result.
Beryl xx
Fan-Tas-Tic, Max couldn't fail to like it cos it's fab. In answer to your question I didn't take any kind of offence to your comments, I like people to be constructive and anyway I agreed with you!
Jenny xxx
Beautiful card Ann. You have put so much work into it. No wonder Max loved it. Debs xx
WOW from me too Ann, this is gorgeous, you have every right to be proud of it and I am sure Max was thrilled to receive it.
Hugs xx
Oh Ann, this is sooo gorgeous and classy! Perfect for Max! I'll bet she's over the moon! Love it both inside and out! Thanks for joining us at The Cuttelbug Spot this week! xxD
Totally Perfect in every way .. Just gorgeous. You can see your card was made with so much love. I am sure Max's face lit up when she opened your card - such a special card for a speial friend. No wonder your proud - I too would be very proud if I could make somthing so beautiful as your card.
Carole x
Such a beautiful card for a special friend Ann, I bet Max loved it and will treasure it.
Thanks for joining us for this weeks Special Birthdays challenge over at Pollycraft.
Hugs
Joanne xx
This card is definitely another keeper and is even more beautiful in real life than you could possibly imagine from the photos. You are such a very special friend and I am so very lucky ... MWAAAAAAAH xxx
Post a Comment