Sunday, 13 February 2011

House Mouse Valentine Present...

Phew just made it in time even though Poundland let me down this morning by not opening till after I started work and closing before I finished.  Sheesh did they not realise how important it was that I got my mitts on a PINK sticky note pad to replace the yellow?  Ah well yellow will have to do as I want to give this to my daughter tomorrow as a little Valentine gift plus this is the last day for the House Mouse and Friends Challenge of Hearts and I don't want to miss entering that!  It's one of my favourite challenges.


A little while ago I saw these great sticky note sets at Poundland or one of the many other similar shops.  I just knew they would be great to play around with and make that little bit more special.  I know you could do the same thing (with a lot of measuring and a ton of patience) with card, but these sets are a really nice finish and being plain black mock leather they are easy to transform.
To create the top I used one of the new House Mouse stamp sets from Joanna Sheen coloured it with Promarkers and then mat and layered it on to black card.  I decided to attach a layer of acetate over the top using brads.  I thought that as it would be in use all the time it would protect the image from getting dirty.


On the inside I used the calender that was already in the pack but cut it down and matted it on to pink card and after colouring and cutting out the little meece with the paperclip I tucked in behind the calender a little.  I also added some glittery black peel off numbers for the year.
As I said at the beginning of the post I would have loved to have been able to add pink sticky notes rather than the yellow.  Laura is a pink fanatic.  They will have to do for now though and in case you're wondering yes I am daft enough to try to stamp the pointing Maxwell on every sheet.  I lost the will to live about half way down the stack!  


After a massive search I found some paper clips that I knew I'd saved for scrapbooking somewhere and couldn't believe my luck that some of them were not only pink, but heart shaped too.  Don't you just love it when things go right for once.
My sticky note holder gift was also made with the following challenges in mind...
Thank you for looking everyone and for the wonderfully kind comments.  I love reading them.  It really makes my day.
Love and hugs
Ann xxx

17 comments:

Susan.... said...

Hi Ann,
what a great idea ! l think it looks great as it is..she can always put some pink ones in it later on..
Hugs
Susan x

Lorraine A said...

oohh Ann !!! this is fantastic !!! I LOVE this and will be off to the Poundland on my next visit home !!! :-) perfect images for the project ,, am sure your daughter will love this !! :-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp snd HM&F Monday Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x

Claire said...

Wow I love this Ann, what a fab idea and I love the image you've chosen
Claire xx

pinky said...

Wow Ann what an amazing project and absolutely gorgeous images. The yellow works well but I will have to have a word with poundland, thats just not on lol. Thanks for joining us at Sir Stampalot this month.
Pinky

Donna Mosley said...

Aww! Anne this is a wonderful make, all of it goes together perfectly. Great idea. LOVE IT!

Donna x

Gro said...

Hi. What a beautiful image, and a realy good ide for a present. thanks for joining us at PfP this week :o)

Beryl K said...

What a fabulous gift. Wish we had a Poundland in Shetland.
Beryl x

Christine said...

Laura is lucky to have a super Mum, super idea and fab image. Will check out our Poundland this week although they don't seem to stock the things you are lucky enough to get.
xx

Sally H said...

Fabulous project - so cute and so useful! Thanks for joining in the animal antics at Sir Stampalot this month and good luck!

Sue from Oregon said...

Oh goodness, I got such a kick out of your post and just laughed and laughed at your will to live comment...too funny. Really a great project and will make a wonderful gifty! Thanks for sharing with us at House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge...so glad you managed to squeeeeeeek in!

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous Ann, love it.
luv
Debby

PinksyDoodles said...

Wow, this is brilliant Ann. So adorable and so useful too!
Thank you for joining us at Sir Stampalot this month.
Clare x

coops said...

this is gorgeous ann.i love the sweet house mouse image.a great gift idea.
thanks for joining us this week at PFP :D

xx coops xx

Beryl said...

A fabulous creation Ann. Such a good idea and a lovely present.
Beryl xx

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Ann, what a gorgeous sticky note holder. I love the sweet image and your colouring is fab. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

Tracy said...

Fabulous project and Entry, thanks for joining Sir Stampalot’s challenge, Good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Francesca said...

What a lovely idea

thanks for joining us at sir stampalot this month and good luck !

Hugs
Francesca

Thank you so much to great friends who have become followers of my blog. Love having you around.