Thursday, 4 September 2008

Animal Antics and Alter it...



The fantastic thing about doing challenges (well for me anyway) is that they encourage you to do things that maybe would have been pushed to one side and then never really got round to.

The challenge at http://artygirlzchallengeblog.blogspot.com/ is to alter something. I have been having a major sort out at my house and lots of things have come to light that I had completely forgot about including a set of naff fridge magnets (10 for a pound at Poundland). As you can see from the picture below of just one of them the original was not something I would want on my fridge - but then I'm easily scared!!



I decided that triple embossing would be a good idea for this project as being a fridge magnet the finished item needed to be strong. The image I used is one from an unmounted set by Tanda Stamps and is called Cats. I stamped the image on to mount board and then triple embossed it. The theme at http://www.mytimetocraftchallenge.blogspot.com/ is animals so my work also fits their challenge which is great cause I want to enter everything and there just aren't enough hours in the day.


I matt and layered the finished image onto the magnet finishing it off with a metal tag from my stash that has the word 'dream' embossed on to it. Sheenie friends already know where the narrow black ribbon came from but are keeping stum - I hope!


Materials used:


  • white mountboard

  • black versefine ink

  • triple embossing powder

  • small scrap of paper from vintage paper pad by DCWV

  • metal tag from stash

  • narrow black ribbon (source not admitted to!)

8 comments:

Julie Allain said...

Ann your fridge magnet is fantastic!!! I think the original image would have scared me too lol

I used a drill for the holes in my domino ;)

Thanks for joining in with this weeks Arty Girlz challenge

Julie xx

Crissi Harvey said...

wow Ann what a transformation its gorgeous love the stamp.
Thanks for joiningin with the Arty Girlz challenge.

crissi xx

Beryl K said...

Your fridge magnet is fantastic, and I'm sure Paris Hilton will keep it on her fridge for ever lol
Beryl x

Irene said...

Ann

What a transformation, and a fantastic idea.

luv
irene
xxxx

Jo said...

WOW what a transformation, they now look FAB. Thanks for joining in with the MTTC chalenge :o)

Lesley said...

Great idea! Lovely magnet. Thanks for taking part in the MTTC challenge xx

Max said...

Your little kitty is much less scary than the original.

LOUISE said...

Love your magnets Ann. What a good idea for Alter It. Louise x

Thank you so much to great friends who have become followers of my blog. Love having you around.