Wednesday, 3 September 2008

Beach Babes from a sketch by Katharina...


At http://papertakeweekly.blogspot.com/ Katharina has created this 'stripey' sketch to challenge crafters.

I tried really hard to follow the map carefully but somehow my card ended up 'landscape' rather than 'portrait'. Same sketch though - just from a different angle!

I am going on holiday soon with a really good friend and am going to send her this card just to say 'Are you excited?'. There will also be a little note inside to say that I'm the sexy one in the chair on the left. LOL!

Materials used:

  • Papers by English Paper Company
  • Pink Cat Studio Rubber Stamp Set
  • Studio G Clear sentiment
  • white base card
  • Lyra aqua crayons

12 comments:

Penny said...

It's a lovely take on the challenge, I really like the border of cocktails!

Brocéliane said...

great interpretation:), love the colors and the image is so funny

Brocéliane

Chrissie said...

Ann, I just LOVE this card. So different and so girly and you know how I love girly cards! Well done on that sketch too, I didn't atte,pt it, thought it looked too complicated for me!

Ann Whitfield said...

I love this card Ann and also how you've interpreted the sketch
Ann x

Irene said...

Ann

I love the card, and the stamps are to die for.

luv
irene
xxxx

Mrs Mayne said...

Great card! Love your take on the sketch - looks fab! Thanks for joining us for the challenge! x

Rosietoes said...

What a fab and fun card Ann. I'm sure your friend will adore this. They both look like beach babes to me!
Thank you for your encouragement on my blog. I think you don't lack for any inspiration yourself, your cards are great. :)

Heather said...

You're the sexy one on the left???
Rubbish you're the one on the right with a drink in her hand - I'm sure!!!
Love EVERYTHING about it Ann (sorry to shout but had to make sure you can hear).
I started this sketch days ago and it sat here half done - I've lost my Mojo!!!
Don't know where you're going but have a good time.
Hugs Heather xxx

carolann said...

Wow fantastic card hun I love the image you have used WTG xxxx

Annie said...

'You're the sexy one on the left???
Rubbish you're the one on the right with a drink in her hand - I'm sure!!!'
OMG Heather we have never met but you know me so well!!! LOL

Ann

Bev said...

Fab card, and a great take on the sketch. Love the image too.

hugs Bev x

Jilli said...

Great card, love the stamp and those cocktails really finish the card off! Jillix

Thank you so much to great friends who have become followers of my blog. Love having you around.