It's Wednesday and that means it's time for a new challenge at http://cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com/ and this week is especially important for me as it's my first week as an official design team member. I'm still so excited about this - there are so many exciting things both going on now and planned for the future that it's just wonderful to be involved.If you haven't visited there this week please do as there has been an amazing article about storage ideas for your cuttlebug folders. The wonderful boxes on show really put my storage system to shame. I must add 'make neat storage' to my ever growing list of things to do.
Anyway less rambling and on to this week's challenge, which is to use your favourite embossing folder!!
Oh my which is your favourite?
Swiss Dots because you can use it on every card and it always looks good? Divine Swirls because it's just so elegant? Snowflakes because - well snowflakes are just so pretty?
I thought long and hard about this and decided to go for one of the 'word' folders. I do love these folders - I find them so easy to make a simple card and because the words are already there they need so little adding to make them special.

For the challenge I used the 'Baby' words folder on vellum. I've quite a craze on vellum this week and have used it on most things and have had some lovely results. However, the word folders are quite tricky to use as the letters are close together and the embossing causes the paper to split. Not a good look!!!
I found the answer to be use a very, very thick vellum. I actually used Pergamano vellum and this was successful. I think closing your eyes, crossing your fingers and hoping for the best also helps.
I must give credit to my dear friend Irene who showed me how to combine two folders on a DL card when I stayed at her house. Since she showed me that technique I have used it so many times. Using that technique on these cards also meant that my cherished Swiss Dots folder got in on the act too!!!
Don't forget that if you enter this week's challenge you get another entry for my blog candy event. Do take a look at http://cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com/ and enter your card there to be entered for the chance to win the 'Treetops' embossing folder.
19 comments:
Beautiful cards for your first official week Ann - will do my best to join in.
Ann x
Now why on earth would you be panicking about these cards Ann. They are gorgeous as always. Love Cynthia x
Stunning cards Ann on your first official week, will do my best to join in
Hugs
Christine xx
Super card Ann. And I was just wondering what I was doing wrong when trying to emboss vellum in the cuttle bug!
Ali xx
How remiss of me not to pop over and welcome you Ann! I am so pleased to see you on the team....your CB stuff is beautiful, as are your other creations :)
This baby card today is so lovely...i've nevr tried vellum!
Big Hugs
Carol x
Gosh, Why on earth were you in a panic Ann. To produce a card like this is wonderful. Looking forward to seeing much more of your lovely cards. Hugs Rita xxxx
Ann
Both cards are just beautiful, and perfect.
luv
irene
xxxx
What a gorgeous card & well done you on your first official week on the job...
Happy crafting
Lorraine xxx
I thought this was stunning when I just saw it on the challenge blog: Love the girl version too.
Well done Ann. The cards are fantastic for your first week as an official DT member. I'd panic next week - you've to keep this high standard up now hee hee :)
Absolutely delightful cards. Congrats on the DT membership.
Both cards are beautiful. Great tip on using thick vellum. Have to try that some time. I will try to participate this week.
Eveline.
Such gorgeous cards. Thanks for the tip re the vellum.
Peace & love
Alison xx
PS - thanks for your kind comments on my blog.
Love these cards! You're right swiss dots goes with everything! I love the delicate look of your cards!
Blessings, Maria
Absolutely GORRRRR...JUS!
Lady, you have absolutely nothing to worry about with any of your cards, but especially not with this one.
It's a winner xxx
Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx
Stunning cards, love them.
Absolutely beautiful. So sweet!
How elegant and what a wonderful keepsake.
I am working my way up the page and forgot to say how lovely both of them are!
Post a Comment