Tuesday, 13 January 2009

A present for a friend...

Something fun today and also something that was really hard to fit in a photo. Somehow I couldn't get this to look right, but oh well you get the idea.

I've wanted to have a go at making this for a while, but haven't really had the chance.

The alphabet is a fun clear set by Penny Black. I stamped each letter leaving a 1cm gap between each one for the ribbon.

After stamping and colouring I cut a notch at the top of each 1cm space to allow me to wind the ribbon securely.

My favourite character is the owl - looks like I feel today - half asleep!

My ribbon holder fits two challenges ...

'Anything but a card' at http://thesecretcraftersaturdaychallenge.blogspot.com/
and (if I am quick) the same challenge at http://artygirlzchallengeblog.blogspot.com/.

The images were coloured using a mixture of Derwent Inktense and Lyra Aqua crayons.

18 comments:

Crissi Harvey said...

aw thats really lovely and such a fab idea for a gift.

Thanks for joining in with the Arty Girlz challenge.

crissi xx

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

fabulous

thanks for joining us this week on SCSC

hugs jane x

Beryl K said...

That is really fantstic Ann, such a lot of work.
Beryl x

Ann Whitfield said...

Brilliant idea Ann and I think I know how the owl feels!
Ann x

Sue said...

oh Ann this is wonderful and what a clever idea,i love your lettering too,big thumbs up from me.Thanks for joining us at scsc:)

sue
xx

Beryl said...

Great ribbon holder but how long will it stay as tidy as that? If you're anything like me - not long. Where are these WOJ sets that are on a great bargain please?
Beryl xx

tiggertastic said...

such a fantastic idea, and very well made

Sarah x

Elaine ♥ said...

Thats beautiful Ann.. what a lucky friend!!

Fantastic idea for a gift for a crafter too :)

Elaine x

Anne said...

That's really great Ann, what a brill idea :)

Beryl said...

Thanks for the info Ann. I couldn't resist that offer now could I? Just have to wait and see what turns up.
Beryl xx

camcraft said...

Oh Ann. This is so totally goregous :-) Such a fab idea.
I am afraid I have searched out for the stamps and purchased, oh dear LOL
Carole x

dragonflyjoy said...

Ann just took at look at your ribbon holder and it's fabulous. Couldn't remark on it while on the phone as I hadn't seen it then but it's really pretty and so much work in it. Well done.

Joyce xx

Max said...

What a clever cookie you are ... and what a super gift for a friend.

Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx

Irene said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh just gorgegous.

luv
irene
xxxx

Max said...

Congratulations on having your Ribbon Holder featured on Inspirational blog. Onwards and upwards my friend! xx

Jill said...

wow Ann I love your ribbon holder thanks so much for joining us at scsc hugs Jill x

Donna said...

Wow this is gorgeous Ann and what a fab gift, brilliantly done :) thanks for playing along with us at SCSC this week :) Donna x

Shirley said...

How wonderful and useful too! TFS what you made. Love it!

Thank you so much to great friends who have become followers of my blog. Love having you around.