I've made this plant marker for a very dear friend, who I know grows loads of things in her garden. I 'm hoping she will be able to use it to mark a row of seedlings or maybe one of her pots of produce.Just before Christmas I saw these wonderful plant markers on sale and couldn't resist buying a couple with the idea of altering them and making them into more personal and special gifts.
As you can see they already had a black section which I'm guessing was to write the name of the plant on in chalk. However, it wasn't real black board type paint so I decided to bring the plant marker bang up to date. I attached a laminated piece of white card on the back and included a pen attached with a tag and bow as part of the gift.I stamped Tilda with watering can (one of my all time favourite Magnolia stamps) on to shrink plastic. I also made a shrink plastic flower and pot, which is one of the stamps in the Messy Rabbit collection by Joanna Sheen.
I stamped the background of grass and the sentiment 'Spring in in the air' using a Studio G collection.
All the images were coloured using Sakura Stardust pens.
My gift is also for the challenge at http://magnoliameetsstampavie.blogspot.com/ where everyone was asked to make a gift using a Magnolia stamp.I'm halfway through altering the other plant marker so do call back tomorrow if you would like to see how that has changed.
16 comments:
Gobsmacked, Fantastic, gorgeous, beautiful. Think I may take up gardening !!!
luv
irene
xxxx
What a super idea... I'm loving it & may just have to give it a go myself... TFS
Hugs
Lorraine xxx
I bet your friend will adore these, a great idea and I love the way you have finished them off with a pen too. Hugs Rita xxx
What a fantastic idea. It's abspolutely gorgeous Ann. Your friend is going to love it and want a whole lot more
Beryl x
Well I've just whiled away a very enjoyable half an hour catching up Ann!
You've been producing some amazing creations and I love them all, I'm not at all surprised that you've been featured on 'Inspirational' I'm making my way through all my favourite blogs so I shall see your works of art when I get there, many congratulations!
Very different Ann and absolutely beautiful
Ann x
Oh wow ... what a brilliant idea and a wonderful gift, especially with the addition of the pen. I think you're friend will be delighted with your thoughtfulness and your little work of art will be displayed with pride.
Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx
Lovely idea :-) Am sure your friend will love this !
Lorraine
Brilliant idea! Your frind will really love these.
Sharon xx
What a super idea and a great one for gardening enthusiasts.
I am sure you will be ask to make lost more
Christine x
Wow that is a great idea, they are gorgeous xxx Sue
Oh Ann. Tis goreogus. What a totally superb idea. Your friend is a very lucky person indeed.
Glad to know that I am not the only one though to put things in a 'safe place' and forget where that is LOL
I must look out for some of these plant markers and have a go with this.
Carole x
Well who would believe it .. guess who the friend was to receive this goreogus gift - it was Me :-) I am so overwhelmed Ann. Thank you for such a beautiful gift. I will treasure it forver more. To say I was pretty choked on opening the package is a bit of an understatement.
You are an amazing lady Ann, a wonderful friend indeed. Thank you from the bottom of my heart
:-)
Carole x
That's lovely!
What a great gift idea, and such a beuatiful example! Lovely.
what a lovely gift and she well deserves it.
Post a Comment