It's week 3 at The Pink Elephant Challenge and this week is rather special as we have an amazing sketch by Carol for everyone to try. This sketch was so much fun to do with it's swirls and curls. I'm really looking forward to seeing everyone's interpretation. Do check out the rest of the design teams examples and then have a go too. We really would like to see what you come up with.
When making my card I tried to follow the sketch as rigidly as possible - you don't have to, but I really enjoyed the process. I haven't got a Cricut (yet) or any die to cut swirls so my friend, Irene, cut me some black shapes on her Cricut and posted them on to me. What would we do without friends?I used just one of the swirls she sent and then stamped dotted swirls around this to mirror the dotted swirls on Carol's sketch. The swirl stamps I used are from a set by Art Warehouse Limited Edition. My main image is a stamp called Felicia Star by Stampabilities. I love the quote on this stamp - perfect for putting on cards to 18 year olds who are finishing A levels and thinking about the next steps in their life.
Other materials used:
- Cuttlebug Border embossing bar from the Frills Border Set
- Stardust Sakura Pens used as watercolour paints
- Black and grey card
- Purple gems and black sentiment peel off from stash
10 comments:
Ann,
Your card is fabulous, love the swirls, and your choice of colours !!!!
luv
irene
xxxx
You've done a great job with my sketch Ann, love the colours and your swirls are perfect! :)
Hugs
Carol x
Another gorgeous card Ann
the lady is soo lovely,i do liuke this age/fashion
Wendy xx
That is gorgeous Ann, I love the image and your colourscheme
Beryl
Fabulous card Ann and that is a lovely sketch Carol has created
Ann x
Hi Ann~
I REALLY LOVE your card! I have several nieces, ages ranging from 14-19, that would love to get something like this for a birthday card! I've bookmarked this particular page for future reference for these special gals. Thanks so much for your encouragement for my card challenge this week. I just love these weekly challenges you ladies provide for us. I guess you could say I am slightly obsessive about them :) Thanks for all you do!
Great card Ann, love how you did the swirls! This was such a fun sketch to work with.
Cracking card Ann. Love the image - very unusual and of course the swirls are just wonderful.
Beryl xx
Oooooh ... Love your swirly twirly take on the challenge. Must get out my swirly stamps and join in.
Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx
Lovely card, Fab image, perfect for an 18th card :-) Love the swirls and papers too !
Lorraine
Post a Comment