Wednesday, 25 February 2009

Sunshine Days...

One of the things I love to do with character stamps is creating a scene with them so I was really pleased when the challenge at Rainbow Lady was to make a scene of some kind.

I decided to use a combination of the Messy Rabbit stamps by Joanna Sheen and a tree by Magnolia. I suppose the idea for the rabbit behind the tree was inspired by the way Messy is usually hiding somewhere on the Joanna Sheen forum heading.

Torn green paper creates a grass like effect ( I hope) and the sky is some blotchy blue card I picked up at Kanban last week and I think that although it might actually be a faulty paper it resembles sky quite well.

As my card is layered and decoupaged to give it a 3D look it is also perfect for the challenge at Stamp Something where this week the team are asking everyone to think 3D.

I used Derwent Inktense pencils for all the colouring on this card.

15 comments:

Rainbow Lady said...

Oh they are sooo sweet and lovely Ann. Glad you made it - don't worry about when. Thanks for playing Love Cynthia x

Lorraine A said...

Fab card Ann :-) This made me smile, love the whole scene with the bunny peeping out from behind the tree, very cute :-)
Lorraine

Unknown said...

Thanks Ann for your lovely comment, I do love those messy rabbits
Christine

Beryl K said...

Wonderful card Ann, love the way you've got messy rabbit peeping out behing the tree
Beryl x

Maria Matter said...

Now that's cute! Love these Messy Rabbit images and your wonderful torn grassy hills.......wish I was there! It's soooo cold...I'm ready for green grass and trees with leaves!
Blessings, Maria

Max said...

Lovely combination Ann.
Fabby card and brilliant sentiment ... not too mushy LOL!
I think maybe that scruffy bunny is hiding from the bath/shower that is so obviously overdue. Bet his trousers are ripped too LOL!
Your grassy tufts are a super finishing touch and the colouring is superb with those Inktense pencils. A lot of work and the result is a super card.

Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx

Irene said...

Yes the card is stunning, and so cute.

Many thanks Ann

luv
irene
xxxx

Beryl said...

It's really lovely Ann. Great fun.
Beryl xx

rozzyb said...

Wonderful card. i have jsut been sent a couple of images of teh messy rabbit, cant wait to make a card with them... cant make a scene like yours as I dont have the rest of the images, but they are just sooo cute.
thanks for drobbing by my blog and leaving some comments for me and i'm really touched by them.... I'm afraid I can't keep up with things, but you'll still be able to follow my work.... I really appreciate you looking
Hugs rozzy xx

Erin... said...

So adorable!! What a fun spring scene you created! Thanks for playing along with the SS challenge:)

Marcea said...

this is so cute - I love the messy rabbits, they are fab!!! Great scene - you have done it wonderfully
thanks for joining us on ss this week
-x-

RubyMay said...

this is so cute...I love the bunny hiding behind the tree! x

Ann Whitfield said...

Great card Ann - no wonder Irene was so pleased with it
Ann x

Rosietoes said...

Love this, such a fun card Ann. :)

Heather said...

Great - love the scene you've created - it's brilliant. Messy Rabbit behind the tree reminds me of 'Bugs Bunny' (lol)
hugs Heather xx

Thank you so much to great friends who have become followers of my blog. Love having you around.