Tuesday, 24 February 2009

Something fishy going on...

Well last week I said that I was determined to join in the ABC challenge each week no matter what. I even joked that even if the theme was B for Bondage I would still be there with my card. Luckily it wasn't and it wasn't even Baby Oil as another blogging friend suggested!

The theme until tomorrow (yes I just made it) is to use Blue and Brown - not an easy one for me as it's not a colour combination I'm fond of. My daughter said she loves it though calling it very 'retro'!

As my card also has a fish motive on it also fits the challenge at Daring Cardmakers where the DT want us to have either fish or frogs on our work.

Materials used:
  • Elusive Images Mandella stamp - decoupaged to give depth
  • DCWV - paper from Vintage stack
  • brown base card
  • Derwent Inktense Pencil Crayons
  • gold brad and corner peel offs from stash

11 comments:

Beryl K said...

Great card Ann, I love blue and brown together - especially the blue you have used.
Beryl x

Kathy said...

Great card Ann - perfect for The Daring Cardmakers this week

Beryl said...

A really lovely 'man' card. They are not easy to do but this one is great.
Beryl xx

Max said...

Awww ... I was looking forward to seeing your B for bondage and baby oil offering LOL.
Still I like the Brown and Blue combination and your card is a brilliant example of something a bit different for those difficult dads.

Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx

Ali Watson said...

Fabulous card. Thanks for joining in the ABC challenge this week.

Keryn Campbell said...

Perfect card for both dares. I like the shades of blue and brown you've used together.

Marcea said...

excellent card - I really do like this
thanks for joining us on abc this week
-x-

Irene said...

Great card Ann, much better use of the colours than mine.

luv
irene
xxxx

Ann Whitfield said...

Gorgeous Ann - very elegant as well as retro. You've made good use of your inktense pencils too
ann s

Lorraine A said...

Love this card Ann, Fab stamp and the papers are gorgeous too :-)
Lorraine

Jess said...

Cute card! You did a great job combining blue and brown.

Thank you so much to great friends who have become followers of my blog. Love having you around.