Yes today is my daughter Laura's birthday and it's also Pink Elephant Day so the card I made for her is also for our challenge.This week is recipe week and the recipe is to use...
circles - scallops and punches!
I used a nestability circle, a the heart shaped punched frame and billions of scallops created by nestability dies.
The Art Deco image of the glamourous lady is a stamp by Hearts in Touch. It is actually part of a whole sheet of unmounted stamps everyone of which I absolutely love.
To accompany Laura's card I've also made her a wall hanging of 'love' quotes on decorated circles as a little extra for her birthday.
I made one of these before when she was at Granada Uni and she loved it, but when she came home she left it for one of her friends who was staying on and since then has pestered me endlessly to make her another.I'm not keen on doing the same thing twice so I guess I put it off for a while. However, I think this one is the new improved version as I now have the circle nestability die and I've added so much bling you need dark glasses to look directly at it!!
The gold hanger at the top is actually part of some earrings that Laura gave me last week. Beautiful earrings that wouldn't hang properly, but oh wow they are superb for pulling to bits to use on cards 'n' stuff.

The sentiments are all computer generated and then centered and cut out using the nestability largest scalloped circle. Check out the bling - wow!
I actually have some packs of gemstone letters (bought in a sale), which I now wish I had bought more off, because I've found that by carefully cutting between the gemstones you can use each stone individually and on each sheet of letters you get thousands of gems (well alot!).
The pink central frame is made using a corner punch. I saw the technique for this explained on Becca Feeken's blog Amazing Paper Grace quite some time ago. Becca made some stunning cards using corner punches to make frames and was kind enough to share instructions for how to do the frames with visitors to her blog. If you have never seen Becca's work do pop over there - you will be amazed at her talent.
Well have a fantastic day everyone and I do hope you'll have chance to join us this week at the Pink Elephant. All the DT love visiting everyone's blogs and seeing the amazing samples everyone does - there is just so much talent out there.
The pink central frame is made using a corner punch. I saw the technique for this explained on Becca Feeken's blog Amazing Paper Grace quite some time ago. Becca made some stunning cards using corner punches to make frames and was kind enough to share instructions for how to do the frames with visitors to her blog. If you have never seen Becca's work do pop over there - you will be amazed at her talent.
Well have a fantastic day everyone and I do hope you'll have chance to join us this week at the Pink Elephant. All the DT love visiting everyone's blogs and seeing the amazing samples everyone does - there is just so much talent out there.
15 comments:
Bwahaha! I love that fall in chocolate saying! :) So cute!
Hello Ann
What can I say but breathtaking, stunning and your best cards yet
Laura will LOVE, LOVE these.
luv
irene
xxxx
Blingy-licious indeed ... love the card ... love the wall hanging with the fancy frames ... love the quotes. Actually ... I just LOVE it all.
Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx
What a pretty wall hanging! Lovely!
Oh Ann, yet another beautiful card and the sentiments are so thoughtful. I love the way you have hung them on the earring. You are a clever lady. I know Laura will be so pleased with both the card and sentiments. Tell her to KEEP these and not give them away. :-) Please wish her a happy birthday from me.
Take care
Love Joyce xx
Ann, Laura will know she has the best Mum ever when she gets these. I love the card and I ADORE the wall hanging, what a clever idea (mmmm got me thinking now, I may have to pinch that idea my friend)
Love all the scalloped circles and the bling...
The wall hanging is a lovely idea and the card is gorgeous!
Happy Birthday to Laura too :)
Hugs
Carol x
Wow, the frame made with the punched hearts is out of this world. You've spaced it so evenly. I've bookmarked that site to see how it's done. Lovely work here altogether.
Beryl xx
Your wallhanging and card are both fantastic Ann!! I am sure Frances will love that you used her stamp for the card too.
Very pretty Ann, love the pink and all the punches!
So fun and beautiful. Hugs Cindy xxoo
Love it all Ann!! The Pink, the scallops, the circles, your wall hanging idea, the card is gorgeous!! Told you I love it all!!
Happy Birthday Laura!!! If you are anything like your Mum ..you are one special lady!!!
Oh Ann - these are just gorgeous, Laura must have been utterly thrilled with them
Ann x
Love that art deco image & your layout. The wall hanging is such a gorgeous one-no wonder she pestered you for a new one! ;O)
Post a Comment