Friday, 12 September 2008

The Stash Buster Raid...


Oh wow the challenge at http://thisthursday.wordpress.com/ has really kept me busy (when I should be ironing and doing one thousand and one other things), but oh what fun I've had!!!

The challenge was to use something from the back of the cupboard - something that needs dusting down! Well I have been sorting my craft stuff out (ongoing for the last 4 weeks and cannot see an end to it!) and have found so many little gems that have never been used.

Oh shame on me!!!

As I was putting away some brass stencils I noticed one of a door that caught my eye. I really liked an article in this month's Craft Stamper magazine about Fairy Doors and had intended to make Laura one for her room in Spain.
Finding the stencil seemed to be a sign. My door cards are nothing like the ones in the magazine as my stencil is small and I've converted mine into cards - one for Laura (a pink person) and one for her friend Elaine (more dark and mysterious).

Things went wrong along the way but I think Laura and Elaine will be pleased with them.
Materials used:
  • fairy papers by Dovecraft
  • brass door stencil
  • brown card
  • make a wish sentiment stamp
  • silver mirri card
  • gold mirri card
  • self adhesive gems and fine art glitter
  • sanding block (to distress brown door)

12 comments:

Irene said...

Oh, Ann what a fantastic idea and so original. I love the cards.
Will have to sort our my brass stencils.

I am sure Laura and her friend will be amazed and delighted.

luv
irene
xxxx

Chrissie said...

Well these are certainly very different Ann, I really like them and I'm sure the girls' will too.

Femmy said...

they are great!!!

RubyMay said...

Awesome work ! Good luck with the stash sort out !

Susie Little said...

Fantastic!xx

Max said...

Fabby cards Ann ... isn't it exciting when you rediscover stash you forgot you had LOL?

Powerful Search Engine said...

Love the doors! Pascale :)

Ann Whitfield said...

Gorgeous Ann, both of them! You're enjoyment in making them really comes across
Ann x

carolann said...

Wow this is a stunning card hun WTG xxxx

stampandscrap@mail.com said...

great cards both of them . Love the door stencil. its great finding stuff you've forgotten
Thanks for playing along with our challenge

Barbara Hagerty said...

What gorgeous doors! I love the idea of the fairy door, and how clever of you to make two beautiful cards on the same theme, that are so entirely different from each other!! Thanks for playing along at This Thursday!!

Anonymous said...

hey mum!
thanku we love the cards loads they r great, thanku!!
ur a star!
love Laura n Elaine xx

Thank you so much to great friends who have become followers of my blog. Love having you around.